The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 226 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    rookie, Jacob said "WR tandem" - that's two WRs. 'Bama goes about nine deep at the position and that's not even including the 6-6, 237-pound freshman OJ Howard whose presence in the lineup - when he gets in - may rewrite the definition of receiver.

Scott, just pulling your chain, I agree with "all that's good" about Stanford, but then again I like the same things about Wofford and Oregon State, too - that's OSU with one of Bear's Boys, Mike Riley, heading up the Beavers' resurgence.

MG
    There's my stray dog. I knew you'd come back home.

Please don't try to compare WR tandems or corps. It won't go well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    also interesting to note bon.........the quarterback starting the 2013 season with two national championships to his credit could only make third team??????
    That's the biggest joke of all. Especially considering the likelihood he will end up with a third ring.
    Bill Davis

The Ducks were a missed field goal on a chip shot away from winning the National Championship. They have best team ever. Guaranteed to win in the National Championship. I know about all you SEC doubters---just watch how bad they destroy Tennessee in about four weeks. You'll get the picture

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    The Ducks were a missed field goal on a chip shot away from winning the National Championship. They have best team ever. Guaranteed to win in the National Championship. I know about all you SEC doubters---just watch how bad they destroy Tennessee in about four weeks. You'll get the picture
    Now that's funny. Check Tennessee's record at the end of the year. Most likely another losing record. Beating them won't be much to brag about.
    Bill Davis

>Please don't try to compare WR tandems or corps. It won't go well for you.

Jacob, been a long off-season for college football. Remind me again: Are we supposed to bow to you on all things LS'Who,

or bow-wow with you?

MG

Long off season.

schaeffer,
    welcome to the college football thread on rtf. this is a great first post! you have displayed the kind of irrational optomism that makes the college football thread special. i hope you will continue with active participation all season. it is always special to see the hopes and dreams of folks like yourself smashed as their favorite team gags on the pressure of competing for a title.

i too feel that the ducks chances this year are good. with a preseason ranking of #3 they should beat nichols state in the opener. on the other hand if the ducks had been preseason #1, we all know they would have been puking in the locker room since the first day of practice. we got that picture last year when it came down to a chip shot!

btw this is a great year to have tennessee on the schedule. the vols are a traditional power that many will take vengance on!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    schaeffer,
    welcome to the college football thread on rtf. this is a great first post! you have displayed the kind of irrational optomism that makes the college football thread special. i hope you will continue with active participation all season. it is always special to see the hopes and dreams of folks like yourself smashed as their favorite team gags on the pressure of competing for a title.

i too feel that the ducks chances this year are good. with a preseason ranking of #3 they should beat nichols state in the opener. on the other hand if the ducks had been preseason #1, we all know they would have been puking in the locker room since the first day of practice. we got that picture last year when it came down to a chip shot!

btw this is a great year to have tennessee on the schedule. the vols are a traditional power that many will take vengance on!
    John, I grant you that Nichols State won't be much of a game for the Ducks, but some of the PAC 12 have adopted the SEC policies of playing creme puffs in their non-league schedule. Lets see, who is Alabama playing this year in their non-league schedule: Let's see---a couple of gridiron powers such as Georgia State and Chatanooga. Wow, I'm impressed.

As to Tenessee, the word is that they are improved. We shall find out when they get into conference play. That issue remains unresolved. What doesn't remain unresolved is that get until the dogs are called off, at some point in the Oregon game they will be at least 50 points behind Oregon. I wish some of your SEC teams would come out and play the likes of Standford, USC, UCLA or Oregon, but they are too smart for that----stick with the likes of Georgia State.

Thanx for the welcome.

John, I grant you that Nichols State won't be much of a game for the Ducks, but some of the PAC 12 have adopted the SEC policies of playing creme puffs in their non-league schedule.
    Let's see:

Florida plays Miami and FSU
    Georgia plays Clemson and GT
    Kentucky plays Liousville (but Kentucky shouldn't count as an SEC school)
    S Carolina plays N Carolina and Clemson
    Tennessee plays Oregon
    Vandi not really an SEC team
    Bama plays VT
    Miss St plays Ok State

Maybe you need to look at the nonconfernce games before you make that statement.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg

Thank goodness. I thought LSU had left the SEC. This is the only place I could find anyone talking about them. I tried sports radio, TV, Finbaum, etc... nothing......