The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 63 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    I sorry partner, but you clearly miss my point. For your benefit, I will spell C A T for you: The sporting press has anointed the SEC as the premier conference in college football. This is primarily based upon pre-season rankings. The SEC teams play primarily marshmallows out of conference and get the resultant victory. Ergo, those teams maintain their high rankings. When they finally start playing in conference, it is a circle jerk where they rotate positions in the top twenty-five. I understand that it is not of earth shaking significance, but it is an system that is unfairly applied. Why for example is Florida State ranked below Alabama or LSU--teams that they are better than?

I guess us in other regions of the country get tired of the constant chest beating from SEC supporters. If they think they are so great, play some tough non-conference games.

You can ramble on all you want, but the fact remains, SEC teams have played two non-conference ranked teams at the time . .and lost both of them. (And these losses were by two of your darlings: Georgia (before their so-called injury problems and after bitch slapping South Carolina,another little darling) and Florida. So you can pound the table all you want, but you can't offer one piece of evidence that the SEC is that great of conference this year. The evidence just isn't there. Sorry Bubba
    I will ask again. Schaeffer, what team is "YOUR" team?

I bleed Red and Black. I will always get misty eyed when I hear a Larry Munson call replayed. I pull for Georgia and for whoever is playing Auburn.

All I see from you is singers sent toward the SEC.

So far you only sound like Charlie Brown's school teacher.

Waa whaa waa waa whaa waaa.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post

I bleed Red and Black. I will always get misty eyed when I hear a Larry Munson call replayed. I pull for Georgia and for whoever is playing Auburn.

I think he's just an unbiased college football fan with no team of his own to color his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Hey schaeffer I don't need you to spell anything out! I'll stick to what I posted which is based on facts. You can try all you like but look back over the last 20 years the championships don't lie! Explain who exactly has Florida State played so far this year? I'll let you think about that one. Your argument is kinda, sorta stupid since Florida State is ranked ahead of LSU and since Alabama is the defending champs then maybe they should be ranked ahead of the Seminoles. Or should we all just agree with you since you think they're better? Get a grip! One more thing Enstein, I'm not a fan of Georgia or Florida!
    Partner, I couldn't care less if you are a fan of Florida, Georgia or North Dakota State for that matter. But it is kind of sorry and not just a little pathetic to see someone, in an obvious attempt to demonstrate their own intelligence and superiority to refer to the other as ENSTEIN. And yes, Mr. Coachmo, you should agree with me. But more importantly, you should read a little more carefully. With a supreme effort, you might learn something Bubba.

Partner, I couldn't care less if you are a fan of Florida, Georgia or North Dakota State for that matter. But it is kind of sorry and not just a little pathetic to see someone, in an obvious attempt to demonstrate their own intelligence and superiority to refer to the other as ENSTEIN. And yes, Mr. Coachmo, you should agree with me. But more importantly, you should read a little more carefully. With a supreme effort, you might learn something Bubba.
    Just to be clear, I assume, rather presume, that you were referring to Alfred Enstein.

Wow! Are you really gonna pull that crap after you post an asinine comment about spelling something out for someone? I'm not attempting to show anything except your idiotic point of view regarding college football i.e. The SEC specifically. I gotta hand it to you though on the way you dodged the question in my last post so I'll ask again. What powerhouse has Florida State played so far this year? Come on think about it, think about it! Yeah, that's what I thought!
    Last edited by coachmo; 10-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post

yellow and green yeh, i know. yeh, i know auburn beat us a couple of years ago. but this is now. hoping we get a crack at alabama or lsu this year

hoping we get a crack at alabama or lsu this year
    We hope you do too.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Wow! Are you really gonna pull that crap after you post an asinine comment about spelling something out for someone? I'm not attempting to show anything except your idiotic point of view regarding college football i.e. The SEC specifically. I gotta hand it to you though on the way you dodged the question in my last post so I'll ask again. What powerhouse has Florida State played so far this year? Come on think about it, think about it! Yeah, that's what I thought!
    Watch the Clemson and Florida State game tomorrow and you'll get it.

Watch the Clemson and Florida State game tomorrow and you'll get it.
    Oregon has a fine football team, but it seems like a lot of their fans are behaving like Florida fans circa 1990 - like football just got started.

A lot of us have been watching championship level college football for a lot longer than 10 - 12 years, and you might keep that in mind. My team has 5 national championships in my lifetime, so I think I already get it.

You've had your shots at the SEC and you've lost - in the BCS game to Auburn and in the 2011 season opener to LSU. You did manage to beat a Tennessee team that - thanks in no small part to that West Coast legend Lane Kiffin - is struggling to reach mediocrity.

To use a Southern phrase, bless your heart.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I think he's just an unbiased college football fan with no team of his own to color his judgement.
    "You can NOT be serious!!!!"