The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 226 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

This is the final strength of schedule rankings from 2012. 7 of the 10 are SEC schools. I'm still looking for the PAC-12 schools.

1. Florida
    2. Missouri
    3. Texas A&M
    4. Auburn
    5. Kentucky
    6. Arkansas
    7. Ga. Southern
    8. Notre Dame
    9. LSU
    10. Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Mann View Post
    This is the final strength of schedule rankings from 2012. 7 of the 10 are SEC schools. I'm still looking for the PAC-12 schools.

1. Florida
    2. Missouri
    3. Texas A&M
    4. Auburn
    5. Kentucky
    6. Arkansas
    7. Ga. Southern
    8. Notre Dame
    9. LSU
    10. Kansas
    I'm still looking for Bama's strength of schedule, talk about a cream puff schedule. November 9th, circled in purple!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-23-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by schaeffer View Post
    John, I grant you that Nichols State won't be much of a game for the Ducks, but some of the PAC 12 have adopted the SEC policies of playing creme puffs in their non-league schedule. Lets see, who is Alabama playing this year in their non-league schedule: Let's see---a couple of gridiron powers such as Georgia State and Chatanooga. Wow, I'm impressed.

As to Tenessee, the word is that they are improved. We shall find out when they get into conference play. That issue remains unresolved. What doesn't remain unresolved is that get until the dogs are called off, at some point in the Oregon game they will be at least 50 points behind Oregon. I wish some of your SEC teams would come out and play the likes of Standford, USC, UCLA or Oregon, but they are too smart for that----stick with the likes of Georgia State. I seem to remenber a season opener

Thanx for the welcome.
    I seem to remember a season opener in the recent past against the Ducks where the Tigers and particularly the Honey Badger had his way with the Ducks
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm still looking for Bama's strength of schedule, talk about a cream puff schedule. November 2nd, circled in purple!
    You don't understand how this works, do you? Think about it...
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Quote Originally Posted by RF2 View Post
    You don't understand how this works, do you? Think about it...
    rf,
    are you saying that:
    if, seven of the 2012 top ten strength of schedule teams played the university of alabama.(eight if bowl games were included)
    then, the only way alabama can have a top ten strength of schedule is to play itself!

o.k. buckmann, if we go back and include everyones spring game scrimage, would bama's strength of schedule satisfy franco and schaeffer?

schaeffer, this is normally meaningless since anything can happen on a given saturday but,
    notre dame beats stanford in a close one.
    stanford beats oregon in a close one.
    oregon beats usc in a fairly close one.
    notre dame beats usc in a fairly close one.
    ALABAMA DESTROYS THE TEAM THAT CAME OUT OF THIS ROUND ROBIN of WEAKLINGS UNDEFEATED!
    is it not a stretch for a person of your obvious intellect to even consider maiking the type of statements you are making? oh yeah, oregon beat auburn for the bcs a couple of years ago right??......
    Last edited by roseberry; 08-23-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    rookie, Jacob said "WR tandem" - that's two WRs. 'Bama goes about nine deep at the position and that's not even including the 6-6, 237-pound freshman OJ Howard whose presence in the lineup - when he gets in - may rewrite the definition of receiver.
    LOL. We will see. I hope we all keep in mind that (i) the last time Alabama was supposed to have an unstoppable offense, in 2010, we lost 3 games, and (ii) if AJ goes down everything changes in a heartbeat.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

I'm still looking for Bama's strength of schedule, talk about a cream puff schedule. November 9th, circled in purple!
    Well, we did play 5 of the teams on that list, including the BCS Championship game, and our SoS is still not very high. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . .
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Heres the problem as I see it: For example, you get four or five SEC teams ranked in the top ten and they play each other. The other five or six teams are from the remaining conferences. Because the probability of top ten non-conference teams playing against each other, it ends up Number 2 Ohio State will be playing number 17 Nebraska, while Number 1 ranked Alabama will be playing number 6 ranked LSU. As a consequence, when the SEC teams play each other, they rotate position in the top ten.

The blame lies with the Eastern poll voters. I mean look at Texas A & M---a marginal team comes into the SEC and beats the best of the SEC. It is a bad system and thankfully will be done away with

look at Texas A & M---a marginal team comes into the SEC and beats the best of the SEC.
    Yeah, a marginal team only in that aTm might've been marginally the best team in the country at the end of the year, with four All-Americans, the two best offensive tackles in the country, and oh, the Heisman Trophy winner. schaeffer, have you been asking Phil Nike to click the heels of your red sneakers three times again before sharing your prognosticating insights?

MG

Heres the problem as I see it:
    Here is the problem as I see it.... you are still talking. The Ducks wont even get out of the PAC 12 this year. They have had thier chance to shine against the SEC and failed misserably. AUBURN in the BCS Championship, LSU a few months later and got rolled both times. Maybe Stanford will shine and give the PAC 12 something to get excited about. Most likely not though, good luck with Tennessee, they suck ass and will still beat the Ducks.
    God, Family, Country & LSU Football.