The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 87 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    And who's fault is it these teams don't play top 15 teams.
    I say take the top 5 teams from each major conference and start drawing for who plays who. The final games will be against conference.
    I just think the whole way they set up the rankings is stupid. It needs changed
    1. Whos fault? Hell if I know schafer is the schedule wizard, ask him. But you cant expect to make it to the big game by having weak conferance and weak out of conferance.
    2.Take the top 5 teams huh? If you can tell who the top 5 teams are going to be in each major conferance at the begining of the season. Me and you need to make a trip to vegas, because no one in there right mind would of guessed Mizzou or Auburn to be in that such class.
    3. Who do y'all people want picking games? Space monkeys,7th graders? President of the US? The voters polls aren't good enough because of bias. The BCS is crap because computers cant watch the games. I already hear people complaining about the upcoming selection group for the 4 team playoff due to "hidden agendas". News flash *Every team cant play every other team in the major BCS.
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Actually they only had ONE 3 and out a piece in the 9-6 Game
    Bingo. Anyone who didn't enjoy that game just doesn't enjoy great football. I think I heard David Pollack say earlier that 22 defensive players have been drafted that played in that game. Amazing stat. He may of said from that game, either way that is amazing!
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    Bingo. Anyone who didn't enjoy that game just doesn't enjoy great football. I think I heard David Pollack say earlier that 22 defensive players have been drafted that played in that game. Amazing stat. He may of said from that game, either way that is amazing!
    Probably right;
    "There have been 31 players selected in the NFL draft
    who were on the Alabama or LSU rosters in the 2011 BCS title game."
    source

...and some are still playing for the current LSU and Bama team....

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Probably right;

source

...and some are still playing for the current LSU and Bama team....
    Rediculous! Mosley and Mccarron come to mind right away for bama. I'd have to look at a roster to see if anymore from bama. Dont know if some of the other that come to mind made it in the championship game
    HRCH DRAKE

1. Whos fault? Hell if I know schafer is the schedule wizard, ask him. But you cant expect to make it to the big game by having weak conferance and weak out of conferance.
    2.Take the top 5 teams huh? If you can tell who the top 5 teams are going to be in each major conferance at the begining of the season. Me and you need to make a trip to vegas, because no one in there right mind would of guessed Mizzou or Auburn to be in that such class.
    3. Who do y'all people want picking games? Space monkeys,7th graders? President of the US? The voters polls aren't good enough because of bias. The BCS is crap because computers cant watch the games. I already hear people complaining about the upcoming selection group for the 4 team playoff due to "hidden agendas". News flash *Every team cant play every other team in the major BCS.
    I know it's a big process at the way they go at ranking, but the pick the ranks before the season starts don't they use the same formula to get your top teams.
    I just think they make it so dang confusing. Just throw them in a hat and start drawing.
    And these smaller schools do the same with them and at the end of season take the top teams and put them in playoff style and play till there is one team standing. I know it could take till April but there has to be a way to make it more simple.
    Like now there are what 6 teams without a loss? Those teams should be the only ones to have a shot at the championship.
    Look at OSU we are gonna be screwed because MSU took it to MU and we don't play MSU this year.

My whole point is why a mediocre record should have an effect on teams that haven't lost a game. The dumbest thing is "Well if they played they may beat them." Well if a frog had wings...........

I would like to see more of the Big Conferences play each other more.
    The foundation to a great retriever is obedience.
    Firestorms Full Throttle Chevy aka Callie-Roo 7/5/2007 - 10/25/2013 I miss you every day
    Proud owner of Kona's Surfer Girl, aka Loki.

Man those games were such snooze fest's. 3 and out, 3 and out, and 3 and out. Yep that's what I like to watch.
    Need a yawn smilie.
    You're right. There's no excitement in a close game where one false step by a defender or one great play by an offensive player is the difference in winning and losing - and you have no idea when that play is going to happen. What happens in that game if Bama doesn't allow the long completion before the half? Or if Maze fair catches the punt at the 45 instead of letting it roll?

Now that game is much more exciting if it is 50-47 instead of 9-6. Right?
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

That is blatant bias against Oregon by the NFL. An investigation should be started right after they lose the championship game... Again.
    Bill Davis

LSU fans are conflicted tjis week:as much as thry would love to play spoiler and break the Bama stranglehold on the National Championship they also know that knocking off the Tide all but assures the end of the SEC hold on the MNC
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

i predict zach mettenberg throws four touchdown passes.......dang i hope it's only four!
    john mccallie

but the pick the ranks before the season starts don't they
    No, that's just the AP which doesn't mean crap at this point.

That's one thing I like about the BCS. It doesn't come out until week 8, giving teams a chance to get into the meat of their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    LSU fans are conflicted tjis week:as much as thry would love to play spoiler and break the Bama stranglehold on the National Championship they also know that knocking off the Tide all but assures the end of the SEC hold on the MNC
    Not me. I want LSU to WIN! Bama doesn't need any help, they are more than capable of paving their own path.

I WANT LSU TO WIN! I don't give a crap who goes to the National Title or if LSU loses to A&M the following week.

...and the main reason I want them to win is for the future of the program. Recruits watch this game. Some say "If I had been there, I would have done this or that. I might could have made a difference"..."I'm going to LSU/Bama"
    That's why I want to win. Not to play spoiler or any of that crap.
    LSU needs a Big Win this year or at least a close loss to the 2x Defending Champs to keep up with the recruiting.

Then again......there is the Miles angle......where the wagons are circling again.....
    ....would an embarrassing loss, or an 8-4 season be enough for them to pay out the 20 Million???

Probably not, but it's an angle many think about and if Miles loses another Bowl Game it will definitely be thought about.