The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impeach?

Default Impeach?

Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Never ceases does this? Tell me who, stand up, tell me who voted for this guy! Stand up and take a bow.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

If the House were to impeach, do you think the Senate would vote to find him guilty?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Unfortunately no. One can only hope the senate would do the right thing but birds of a feather stick together. I hope the 2014 elections change the power in the senate then maybe.....
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

I would like nothing better, but it will never happen. Too many spineless wimps in Washington afraid of being called the R word... (No not republican).
    Bill Davis

Tulsa World reports: At Muskogee town hall, Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., called President Obama a friend but cautioned that he was “perilously close” to meeting the Constitutional standard for impeachment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2cpAy9S6L
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Ted Cruz was asked why Obama has not been impeached. He gave the realistic answer: Because we don't have the votes.

The article then discussed that impeachment was a "political" measure
    , the commission of impeachable offenses is of far less moment than the lack of a political appetite.
    Every political choice has consequences. The Framers intended impeachment as the ultimate accountability. Without at least the credible threat of it, there is no realistic checking of a president who seems increasingly disposed to abuse his awesome powers,
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...arthy/page/0/1

I guess this is the answer to the question I've asked a couple of times ... impeachment is the only thing that could put a check on an executive who exceeds the Constitutional executive powers, but impeachment requires strong convictions on the part of the Congress who would take the step of impeachment.

I cannot imagine what it would take for Congress to impeach Obama. Perhaps had he written a letter to Lois Lerner telling her to target Tea Party groups with the IRS, that might have done it. If anyone could prove he actually gave an order to "stand down" at Benghazi, that might cause enough of an uproar to do it. I cannot imagine that any such proof will ever be available.

He will finish his term, and go on to make a bazillion dollars in honorariums (like the Clintons). If we are very unfortunate, some D POTUS will appoint him to the Supreme Court. History will be his judge. History will also judge those who allowed his use of executive power in the ways he has used it.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Ted Cruz was asked why Obama has not been impeached. He gave the realistic answer: Because we don't have the votes.

The article then discussed that impeachment was a "political" measure

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...arthy/page/0/1

I guess this is the answer to the question I've asked a couple of times ... impeachment is the only thing that could put a check on an executive who exceeds the Constitutional executive powers, but impeachment requires strong convictions on the part of the Congress who would take the step of impeachment.

I cannot imagine what it would take for Congress to impeach Obama. Perhaps had he written a letter to Lois Lerner telling her to target Tea Party groups with the IRS, that might have done it. If anyone could prove he actually gave an order to "stand down" at Benghazi, that might cause enough of an uproar to do it. I cannot imagine that any such proof will ever be available.

He will finish his term, and go on to make a bazillion dollars in honorariums (like the Clintons). If we are very unfortunate, some D POTUS will appoint him to the Supreme Court. History will be his judge. History will also judge those who allowed his use of executive power in the ways he has used it.
    Impeaching Obama is about like trying to take a child away from it's biological mother in Oklahoma..........you would have to prove that they were axe murders before you would have a chance.
    Joke ladies and gentlemen although said with TIC.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Tulsa World reports: At Muskogee town hall, Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., called President Obama a friend but cautioned that he was “perilously close” to meeting the Constitutional standard for impeachment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2cpAy9S6L
    I heard. The clip on the radio... He was dancing better than Fred Astaire... No one, I repeat.... No one in Washington has the intestinal fortitude to try it. They would be vilified from the word go. It's not worth the media flogging they would take.
    Bill Davis