The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Amendments Excerpt

Default Liberty Amendments Excerpt

From the Book - The Liberty Amendments by Mark R Levin

Here is as excerpt from Chapter 1 (all I have read so far) talking about the federal gov’t –

“It is the nation’s largest creditor, debtor, lender, employer, consumer, contractor, grantor, pension guarantor. Moreover, with aggrandized police powers, what it does not control directly it bans, or mandates by regulation. For example, the federal government regulates most things in your bathroom, laundry room, and kitchen, as well as the mortgage you hold on your house. It designs your automobile and dictates the kind of fuel it uses. It regulates your baby’s toys, crib, and stroller; plans your children’s school curriculum and lunch menu; and administers their student loans in college. At your place of employment the federal government oversees everything from racial, gender, and age diversity of the workforce to the hours, wages, and benefits paid. Indeed the question is not what the federal government regulates, but what it does not. “

Who wants more of this?
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Mark Levin is one of the smartest guys living today.....I have his book also and I have read all of his others....people who really are frustrated with our government and economics conditions should read this guy, he is well educated and puts it together for all to understand....he is a true patriot!

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/0...cs-for-america
    A summary of some of the Liberty Amendments that would relate to the economy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Every day we are presented with more proof that Versailles-on-the-Potomac and the Court of the Sun King cannot reform themselves. (Not to mention Michelle "Let them eat broccoli" Obama.) I am convinced that the "Republican" leadership (McConnell and Boehner) must have compromised themselves and the NSA has the e-mail evidence (a la Petreas). They are a pair of flaccid, impotent, spineless, castrati. If Boehner didn't smoke 4 packs/day he'd be singing soprano. And don't get me started on the Democrats and the denizens of the faculty lounge that pretend to make policy for the nation. Makes me want to poke my eyes out with sharp sticks.

There has to be a better way and I think Levin has given us our only (bloodless) way out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Every day we are presented with more proof that Versailles-on-the-Potomac and the Court of the Sun King cannot reform themselves. (Not to mention Michelle "Let them eat broccoli" Obama.) I am convinced that the "Republican" leadership (McConnell and Boehner) must have compromised themselves and the NSA has the e-mail evidence (a la Petreas). They are a pair of flaccid, impotent, spineless, castrati. If Boehner didn't smoke 4 packs/day he'd be singing soprano. And don't get me started on the Democrats and the denizens of the faculty lounge that pretend to make policy for the nation. Makes me want to poke my eyes out with sharp sticks.

There has to be a better way and I think Levin has given us our only (bloodless) way out.
    Well said, but if we truly believe this is an option, we have to act....contacting our State Representatives and pressing them to organize a Convention with other states to start this process.

Dear SCL... please let me know how/if you find a way to organize this effort in your state. I am going on line and starting to contact my state assemblyman and senator. In NV our legislature only meets every other year on the odd years. I'm hoping their offices are being contacted now and if so there could be some way of putting citizens with similar interests in touch with each other. Right now it's not a lack of will... it's a lack of organizing know-how.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/1...-2013-Assembly
    Evidently, some states have taken some action on Levin's suggestions
    Spurred on by Mark Levin and others, there is a grass-roots conservative movement to convene an Article V convention of the States to amend the Constitution by enacting so-called "Liberty Amendments" that would eliminate the popular election of Senators, require a balanced federal budget, prohibit the federal government from any activity conducted by the states (including healthcare), effectively eliminate the commerce clause and the general welfare clause, enact term limits on judges and enable the States to overturn judicial decisions, impose nation-wide voter id laws, and enshrine several other far-right hobbyhorses as Constitutional imperatives. And this movement has support from people who should know better, like state representatives from Indiana and Georgia. While obviously on the fringe now, these sorts of things have a tendency to become mainstream conservative thought if unchecked.
    There is a meeting of representatives from at least 30 states scheduled just three days from now, Saturday, December 7, at the library in Mount Vernon. (Is nothing sacred? George Washington is probably spinning in his grave even as we speak.) Elected officials will be among the attendees: David Long, President of the Indiana State Senate; and Jason Spencer, Georgia state representative.

In fact, the state of Indiana has actually enacted legislation to facilitate the appointment of delegates to such a convention, and to govern their activities.
    As I said, these folks are meeting this Saturday, they are serious, and they are backed by mass media.
    Can't really buy into the mass media backing this. Am pretty certain that Chris Matthews wouldn't be on board, and several others one could come up with.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Dear SCL... please let me know how/if you find a way to organize this effort in your state. I am going on line and starting to contact my state assemblyman and senator. In NV our legislature only meets every other year on the odd years. I'm hoping their offices are being contacted now and if so there could be some way of putting citizens with similar interests in touch with each other. Right now it's not a lack of will... it's a lack of organizing know-how.
    The only thing that has moved DC in the last 50 years is "ground roots" movements that eventually end up in marches on Washington (War in Viet Nam, Tea Party Movement)...That is what I think has to happen, organize your friends and family, then have them organize all they know. Churches, Hunting Groups, Tea Party meetings, Republican local meetings, etc. I think a letter/email attack on our State Representatives demanding they officially call for a Convention of the States to develop and vote on necessary Liberty Amendments to the Constitution of the United States. Meanwhile these same groups need to organize to march on their own State Capitals calling for the Convention. At the same time documentation and video's of these activities should be sent to Fox News National and Local stations. Copies to Rush, Hannity, Bill O'Reily, Mark Levin, etc. etc. It has to be a lot of people doing everything they can every day...that is how we al can save this country....hopefully bloodlessly....

The only thing that has moved DC in the last 50 years is "ground roots" movements that eventually end up in marches on Washington (War in Viet Nam, Tea Party Movement)...That is what I think has to happen, organize your friends and family, then have them organize all they know. Churches, Hunting Groups, Tea Party meetings, Republican local meetings, etc.
    I think a letter/email attack on our State Representatives demanding they officially call for a Convention of the States to develop and vote on necessary Liberty Amendments to the Constitution of the United States.
    Meanwhile these same groups need to organize to march on their own State Capitals calling for the Convention. At the same time documentation and video's of these activities should be sent to Fox News National and Local stations. Copies to Rush, Hannity, Bill O'Reily, Mark Levin, etc. etc. It has to be a lot of people doing everything they can every day...that is how we al can save this country....hopefully bloodlessly....

Any thought on how this could blow up and go the wrong way? We do have a potus and congress that have passed some very un-American legislation and are trying to get more and more all the time. It all sounds nice and pretty but do you REALLY think the fed is the least bit interested in reform? Especially the type where they give up any power. Just look at the DEA raids in CO. The feds couldn't care less what the states want, and it has been that way since our civil war. We couldn't even end prohibition without a little bloodshed, and that was small potatoes compared to what you are hoping for...

“It is indeed difficult to imagine how men who have entirely renounced the habit of managing their own affairs could be successful in choosing those who ought to lead them. It is impossible to believe that a liberal, energetic, and wise government can ever emerge from the ballots of a nation of servants.”
    Alexis de Tocqueville

See any problems or truths to this statement?

You can hope all you want. I'll hope along with you, but I have a feeling a snowball is rolling.