The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma shooting

Well I am going to take a different view. I have no problem with the media or anyone describing a suspect on the loose including the color of their skin. After all the public needs to know as much about the person as possible. Once the they are no longer on the loose then I think the media should not discuss the person in custody skin color. Once the person is in custody it shouldn't (I said shouldn't) matter what color their skin is. What matters then is that they get processed through the justice system just like everyone else.
    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I think that they did not report the race of the shooters because at least initially it was determined to be a thrill killing instead of a race crime. They also did not mention the race of the shooter in the Sandy Hook case or the Colorado Theater shooting. I don't believe they were trying to hide the fact because they had the pictures of the guys up. Looking at the news this morning, tell me in three days if you don't feel that this story is getting enough coverage.
    The initial AP article that I saw did not include pictures.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Well I am going to take a different view. I have no problem with the media or anyone describing a suspect on the loose including the color of their skin. After all the public needs to know as much about the person as possible. Once the they are no longer on the loose then I think the media should not discuss the person in custody skin color. Once the person is in custody it shouldn't (I said shouldn't) matter what color their skin is. What matters then is that they get processed through the justice system just like everyone else.
    How would you ever know who to profile?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I think that they did not report the race of the shooters because at least initially it was determined to be a thrill killing instead of a race crime. They also did not mention the race of the shooter in the Sandy Hook case or the Colorado Theater shooting. I don't believe they were trying to hide the fact because they had the pictures of the guys up. Looking at the news this morning, tell me in three days if you don't feel that this story is getting enough coverage.
    In Sandy Hook they didn't have to mention it because they pretty much knew right away who the guy was... His face was all over the news.

In CO, they may or may not have mentioned the shooters race, but the media was very quick to try to portray the nut as some kind of right wing fanatic... When that was quickly proven to be false as well. Standard operating procedure
    Bill Davis

3 black kids shoot the guy in the back because they are bored, thats a problem get a JOB, GO TO SCHOOL you wont have time to be bored. NO supervision, young boys running around with a gun . Lock up the parents along with the kids
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

They had pictures of the WRONG Sandy Hook shooter up all over the news within a few hours of the act. They had his brothers pic plastered everywhere!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Sleazy Jerry. Very sleazy. I did not susect you wore that hat. I'm disappointed. Until now, even though I disagreed with you on many of your postions, I always thought of you has having class and intellect. I see now that you echo the RTF desperates mob...Inadvertently we sometimes reveal ourselves JD

Have a good weekend, and if you compete a dog or dogs in FT or HT, good luck to you...may all your birds be flyers and the jaws of your dogs surround them...JD

Inadvertently we sometimes reveal ourselves JD

My, my...don't we tho. How condescending. You truly are a one-of-a-kind, better-than-all, reminiscient of your messiah. Trust me when I say, how you constantly "reveal yourself" is NEVER inadvertant...It must be hard to be humble when one is as great as you see yourself.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    3 black kids shoot the guy in the back because they are bored, thats a problem get a JOB, GO TO SCHOOL you wont have time to be bored. NO supervision, young boys running around with a gun . Lock up the parents along with the kids
    Wonder if the 'story' will even make the news on Al Sharpton's MSNBC afternoon pile of crap? Since the shooter was a big fan of some rapper that sang about the fun of killing people, Al should be proud of him coming from the 'hood'.

These hoodlums should be tried as adults, but the gun control advocates are too busy slamming the NRA for what happened, showing how totally idiotic they are, and how the liberal nation has regressed into becoming a crowd of mental midgets.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

On one of these killers face book page he said he dropped 2 last night wonder who the second one is he's referring to? The picture now going around on cnn shows two black kids and a white kid this is not the same picture posted above which is correct? It doesn't matter what color they were it matters that they were bored and killed someone not in self defense just for something to do.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-21-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    On one of these killers face book page he said he dropped 2 last night wonder who the second one is he's referring to? The picture now going around on cnn shows two black kids and a white kid this is not the same picture posted above which is correct? It doesn't matter what color they were it matters that they were bored and killed someone not in self defense just for something to do.
    Correct, we as a nation have lost sight of the fact it is the behavior that is unacceptible!

RK