The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma shooting

They weren't bored... They were gang banger wannabes trying to get "street cred".
    The youngest one could be Obamas son. Surprised the prez hasn't stepped in and claimed such. Not really...
    Bill Davis

The sister of one of these thugs blames the community , if they had more things to do this wouldn't have happened. How about the parents raising their kid, knowing what they are doing knowing where they are who they are hanging out with what they are doing on the internet etc....... where did they get a gun ? and how come the mom or dad didnt know they had it? What happened to a parent being a parent. Stop blaming everyone else if your going to have them raise them be active in their life be a parent! We didn't do this when we were "bored" never once did I or anyone I know think Gee Im bored lets go shoot someone. These kids were all over social media life goal to be a rapper. This kid was dancing and joking when he was arrested how sad that they can't get the death penalty. Hopefully they will be in prison the rest of their lives and cannot reproduce. Its disgusting that someone out for a jog gets gunned down shot in the back and its your fault because you didnt keep my kid busy. Way to take responsibility!
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-21-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

This would be a perfect situation for a public hanging.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Bill, you are missed in region 13 as both a judge and a participant. Do you intend to come bacK?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Bill, you are missed in region 13 as both a judge and a participant. Do you intend to come bacK?
    To show you how ignorant I am, I don't even know what Region 13 is... I'm assuming west coast since you are out that way (and I used to live out there...). Just never knew anything about regions...

To answer your question though JD, I love the west. The NW in particular. My stepdaughter and granddaughter are in Denver. My son, stepson, and a couple of grandkids are in Alaska.

For the foreseeable future, we are going to be on this side of the world. My parents are up in age and my wife's mother is in a nursing home. Those are the primary reasons we are here. We can get to either of them within a days drive. Maybe one of these days... I do try to get out west for a hunting trip every year if I can though... NM is high on my list if I can ever pull a tag for Bighorn Sheep or one of the premium elk tags!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    To show you how ignorant I am, I don't even know what Region 13 is... I'm assuming west coast since you are out that way (and I used to live out there...). Just never knew anything about regions...

To answer your question though JD, I love the west. The NW in particular. My stepdaughter and granddaughter are in Denver. My son, stepson, and a couple of grandkids are in Alaska.

For the foreseeable future, we are going to be on this side of the world. My parents are up in age and my wife's mother is in a nursing home. Those are the primary reasons we are here. We can get to either of them within a days drive. Maybe one of these days... I do try to get out west for a hunting trip every year if I can though... NM is high on my list if I can ever pull a tag for Bighorn Sheep or one of the premium elk tags!

Bill. Region 13 is NM, CO, WY, and NE in the UKC-HRC world. Don't expect you would know that, since that is not your venue. AKC clubs in this area include TX, AZ, NM, CO, UT, NE, OK, NV, CA, or as far as you want to travel... Bill S. was a prominent judge in the HRC area until recently. HT's and FT's cover a wide geographic area in the SW.
    We frequently travel more than one day to HT's.
    I have contacts for private landowner tags for elk and sheep. You will have to PM me though.

Disgusting, huh...? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    The sister of one of these thugs blames the community , if they had more things to do this wouldn't have happened. How about the parents raising their kid, knowing what they are doing knowing where they are who they are hanging out with what they are doing on the internet etc....... where did they get a gun ? and how come the mom or dad didnt know they had it? What happened to a parent being a parent. Stop blaming everyone else if your going to have them raise them be active in their life be a parent! We didn't do this when we were "bored" never once did I or anyone I know think Gee Im bored lets go shoot someone. These kids were all over social media life goal to be a rapper. This kid was dancing and joking when he was arrested how sad that they can't get the death penalty. Hopefully they will be in prison the rest of their lives and cannot reproduce. Its disgusting that someone out for a jog gets gunned down shot in the back and its your fault because you didnt keep my kid busy. Way to take responsibility!
    I missed the story on chan. 2 the other night. They said that they were going to have a
    "twist" to the story or something along those lines.............that something had happened outside the court room.
    Hubby changed the chan and by the time I realized what he had done it was to late to get that story. I need to hide the T.V. control I guess if I want to watch something other than his favorite chan.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

its going to be interesting to see if some outside third party with an agenda comes up with the money to retain some "name" attorney for the perps

I have full faith in the state of Oklahoma that they will get justice for the you man who was brutally murdered
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    its going to be interesting to see if some outside third party with an agenda comes up with the money to retain some "name" attorney for the perps

I have full faith in the state of Oklahoma that they will get justice for the you man who was brutally murdered
    A few years ago I would have figured that a bunch of good old Okies would get it right but who knows anymore. Not taking any bets on this one. I'm thinking the place where they will be tried will not be anywhere near to where the crime took place. You know they "can't get a fair trial" here in this state.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    To also show how dumb I am... I didn't realize when JD addressed his post to "Bill". That he was actually speaking to Uncle Bill, not me. UB, they are looking for you out there!
    Bill Davis