The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Oklahoma shooting

Now CNN.com has a report where they show one of the little killers posing with a scoped rifle (looks like a bolt action to me) and they are saying that he posted photos of himself posing with (are you ready for this) AN ASSAULT RIFLE!! They really need to educate their reporters a bit more. I have been saying for years that the reason so many people now call utility knives "box Cutters" is because on 9/11/01 when it was discovered that the hijackers used utility knives and the reporters didn't know what to call them someone said "you know, one of those box cutter thingys" and we were off to the races. Now my friends' (I don't own any firearms of any kind) bolt action deer rifles have been converted to "assault rifles".
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Now CNN.com has a report where they show one of the little killers posing with a scoped rifle (looks like a bolt action to me) and they are saying that he posted photos of himself posing with (are you ready for this) AN ASSAULT RIFLE!! They really need to educate their reporters a bit more. I have been saying for years that the reason so many people now call utility knives "box Cutters" is because on 9/11/01 when it was discovered that the hijackers used utility knives and the reporters didn't know what to call them someone said "you know, one of those box cutter thingys" and we were off to the races. Now my friends' (I don't own any firearms of any kind) bolt action deer rifles have been converted to "assault rifles".
    I don't know a lot about firearms but I had a lady ask me about "assault rifles" recently. She thought all assault rifes should be banned. She said "help me understand why they shouldn't be banned" and I said because the way some people are telling it shot guns in a lot of cases the way I understand it would be called an assault firearm. Her father was a bird hunter so that put it into terms that she could relate to.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Charly, when I hear some say that "assault weapons" should be banned, I first ask why. I will then probably point out that rifles of all kinds are involved in a tiny percentage of felonious homicides (i.e. murders) and that in fact more people are murdered with blunt instruments (baseball bats, hammers, hockey sticks, etc.) than with ALL types of rifles, so if they are interested in getting rid of "dangerous" instruments, they are barking up the wrong tree.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Charly, when I hear some say that "assault weapons" should be banned, I first ask why. I will then probably point out that rifles of all kinds are involved in a tiny percentage of felonious homicides (i.e. murders) and that in fact more people are murdered with blunt instruments (baseball bats, hammers, hockey sticks, etc.) than with ALL types of rifles, so if they are interested in getting rid of "dangerous" instruments, they are barking up the wrong tree.
    Recent find of old jewelry contained a ring with a hidden hollow place that they think may have been used to poison people. If people are determined to kill people they will find a way.............and I want that good well working gun to defend myself.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~