The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz

Default Ted Cruz

I am really surprised not to see any mention of this.

Ted Cruz has dual citizenship with Canada.
    http://news.yahoo.com/sen-cruz-says-...022951006.html
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post

What's your issue with it?

I had dual citizenship,born in Germany @ US Army Hospital to parents who were naturalized citizens...I did not know that I even had dual citizenship until many years after...There is a distinct possibility that Senator Cruz no longer has dual citizenship because like me he did not declare having both within the alloted time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post

I agree, that is really surprising.

I thought I would research the subject from a different source than Yahoo news and got this

"The Dallas Morning News says that I may technically have dual citizenship," he said in the statement Monday night. "Assuming that is true, then sure, I will renounce any Canadian citizenship. Nothing against Canada, but I'm an American by birth and as a U.S. Senator, I believe I should be only an American."

"Because my mother was a U.S. citizen, born in Delaware, I was a U.S. citizen by birth," Cruz explained in his statement Monday night. "When I was a kid, my Mom told me that I could choose to claim Canadian citizenship if I wanted. I got my U.S. passport in high school. Because I was a U.S. citizen at birth, because I left Calgary when I was 4 and have lived my entire life since then in the U.S., and because I have never taken affirmative steps to claim Canadian citizenship, I assumed that was the end of the matter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...bates-to-come/
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Where is the birther crowd now?
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

At first I thought that it is possible he really didn't think about it because really for most people it really doesn't matter.

Being from Texas he should be very aware of how many women from Mexico come to areas that he represents to have their children on American soil so they have American citizenship, he speaks against the drain they place on hospitals and other resources in Texas.

Ted Cruz is not claiming that he didn't know he was born in Canada and as Bon so elegantly wrote about his dual citizenship, it is very common knowledge. Also Ted Cruz couldn't have missed the entire birther argument with President Obama. So either he thought no one would find out about it or he isn't as smart as he would like us to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Where is the birther crowd now?
    Come on Sarge, I think he actually produce a real birth certificate, signed that day at the birth... Unlike Obama's computer generated facsimile... That took 4 years to produce.
    Bill Davis

Of course he knew it would come up. Probably he didn't realize it would come up THREE YEARS AWAY FROM A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION for which he has not declared and wouldn't for many, many months.

But to be honest, Roger Hedgecock made the point that Cruz is "running" (if indeed he is) on restoring the Constitution. It would be weird for him to take the position that that whole "natural citizen" clause is a mere bagatelle.

Right now, Cruz has my vote and I hope this all gets shaken out before it gets too far out of hand.

[QUOTECome on Sarge, I think he actually produce a real birth certificate, signed that day at the birth... Unlike Obama's computer generated facsimile... That took 4 years to produce. ][/QUOTE]

Come on Bill,
    The major part of the birther argument was that President Obama wasn't born in the US, not what the certificate looked like.

Sarge,
    While I don't know if Bill agrees with the birther argument or not you see that the shift will be away from what they said then to what they say now like the past didn't happen.