The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    At first I thought that it is possible he really didn't think about it because really for most people it really doesn't matter.

Being from Texas he should be very aware of how many women from Mexico come to areas that he represents to have their children on American soil so they have American citizenship, he speaks against the drain they place on hospitals and other resources in Texas.

Ted Cruz is not claiming that he didn't know he was born in Canada and as Bon so elegantly wrote about his dual citizenship, it is very common knowledge. Also Ted Cruz couldn't have missed the entire birther argument with President Obama. So either he thought no one would find out about it or he isn't as smart as he would like us to believe.
    I didnt write the article, its a copy/paste from the DMN....but if you compare the wording from the Yahoo news and The DMN they paint a very different picture..Yahoo news is known to have a VERY LIBERAL slant on the news

personally I dont think that Cruz is eligible but that will be for a court to decide- both a Supreme one and a public opinion one...I dont want Ted Cruz to be the Republican BHO...two years ago no one heard or knew about Ted Cruz outside of the state of Texas his meteoric rise to the national spotlight makes me want to tap the breaks and say WHOA NELLIE what major legislation has he authored or co authored..He is a good orator, but so was BHO...I want more substance and less flash before I jump on this bandwagon
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I can't imagine Cruz even making an attempt at an end run around the Constitution, by doing so would be an indictment on his character. If we throw out, or even challenge a passage that is so clearly worded, then surely we can throw out the First and Second Amendments with it, is this really a path we want a candidate to take? This isn't a challenge we want the courts to decide, this shows the heart and value of the candidate as well as his supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I can't imagine Cruz even making an attempt at an end run around the Constitution, by doing so would be an indictment on his character. If we throw out, or even challenge a passage that is so clearly worded, then surely we can throw out the First and Second Amendments with it, is this really a path we want a candidate to take? This isn't a challenge we want the courts to decide, this shows the heart and value of the candidate as well as his supporters.
    Isn't your side doing that as we post??

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Isn't your side doing that as we post??

HAHAHAHA!!!!!
    No, I believe true Conservatives wouldn't sink to that level.

Since his father was Cuban, does that make him a Cuban citizen also?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I don't know where are the legal experts were when Obama was running, but if this guy was a democrat he would not be eligible to run.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Actually this has been in the news since last week about his dual citizenship. To his credit he produced his real birth certificate and has already came out and said he is renouncing his Canadian citizenship. No story here at all.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

All his birth certificate proves is that he was born in Canada. If you believe the birthers and Obama was born in Kenya to an American mother then why is he not a citizen eligible to run, but Ted Cruz is?

I would like to see him produce his documentation to prove he is an American citizen.

I don't care about the birthers argument. My argument about Obama always has been that he maintains that he is the most transparent President in history, when the exact opposite is true. And the media is complicit in the ruse.

On one hand you have a man who was a sitting president for almost four years before in his words a "carnival barker" shamed him into putting out a form of his birth certificate.

On the other hand, you have a man (three years prior to the election, who has not even announced) already released his actual birth certificate. Comparable? Not really... One man is open and forthright... One is deceptive and slimy (and still president).
    Bill Davis