The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    His birth in Canada is documented, and has never been concealed or denied. Open and honest, I'd say.

His father's and mother's places of birth are, and have always been, known. Open and honest, I'd say.

He acted promptly on the revelation that he held dual citizenship. Open and honest, I'd say.

Some legal scholars have already debated the issue of the existing law as to whether his status was "natural born".

Actually documenting his status as being "natural born" has never really been very important, until he began to gain some profile in the Senate, and people began to see him as a potential candidate in the future. So, I'd hope that if the Consular Report is what is required to confirm that, he has the advisors who will take the appropriate steps to acquire it.

Heck, he may not have even considered that as a freshman Senator he would become as high profile as he has become. In truth, his activity there, it seems, has already made him persona non grata to the "establishment". Much as I admire his boldness, it might still be a stretch to think that he can overcome the establishment to be on a candidate ticket in 2016.

I'd say it's not a matter of "open and honest", it more a matter of proper documentation that was not really any issue until quite recently.

Are we still worried that Obama uses an SS# issued in CT that was previously assigned to someone else who died? Has Obama ever tried to explain how that happened? What about the photoshop evidence on the much-heralded long form birth certificate that was not produced for Obama until quite some time AFTER his first election.

I'm not a "birther", but it's annoying that Cruz would be subjected to more stringent standards than Obama.
    Very, very good post ................................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    what high school did you graduate from....did you miss that day in civics or American Govt/history

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for senators: 1) they must be at least 30 years old, 2) they must have been citizens of the United States for at least the past nine years, and 3) they must be inhabitants of the states they seek to represent at the time of their election. The age and citizenship qualifications for senators are more stringent than those for representatives

I dont think you know the DEFINITION of Naturalized vs Natural Born

natural born- A person born in the territory of the United States of America or to United States citizen parents

naturalized- Naturalization (or naturalisation) is the acquisition of citizenship and nationality by somebody who was not a citizen of that country at the time of birth.
    Bon, Henlee has an agenda and is just going to keep pounding it. That's what drones do. No amount of rational explanation will sink in.
    Bill Davis

Henlee, let's put this together:

You acknowledge he was born in Canada according to the birth certificate he has presented. You accept that as being true and correct.

The US law at the time of his birth stipulated that because his mother was a US citizen, and had lived in the US for the prescribed # of years prior to his birth, her child would be a "natural born" US citizen ... a citizen who did not require "naturalization".

If A and B are both true (both of which have already been verified), then C is merely a formality of doing the paperwork to record those facts already known ... should he become a candidate for VP or Pres.

Do you really doubt that if such paperwork is what is required, he wouldn't do it? Do you believe Canada will deny that he was born there when his birth certificate says he was born there? Will we also ask for his mother's birth certificate to prove that she was born in the US, and had the citizenship to validate she was also born a citizen of the US?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It's interesting that Fauxnews has been harping on the birther issue for the better part of the last seven years when it is clearly such a non-issue. Seems to be that Hannity, Rush, Beck and the rest of the clown crew are losing a little sleep over the hypocrisy issue, the spin is in full effect. At least Rush can blame it on the drugs.

I have read all these posts about whether Obama was eligable to be President, and now the arguement about Ted Cruz. I wondered WHY is this even going on? Surely our great and wonderful government which thinks it can run the health care system has rules and regulations to certify a candidate as eligible to hold the office of president. Surely the Federal Election requires proper documents and issues certification of eligiblilty for one who wants to run for President. So I went to the web site of the FEC to see what was required of me if I chose to run for President. The BEST I could tell was that THEY HAD NO REQIREMENT FOR CERTIFICATION. They so not issue certification of eligibility. The ONLY thing they are interested is is where does the money come from. They have PLENTY of forms and RULES and REGULATIONS concerning money, but I could not find even a SINGLE AREA concerned with eligibility. So our great and wonderful gov. wise as Solomon, future keeper of our health, is so stupid it cannot EVEN determine the eligibility of someone who chooses to run for President. So Fox News(Faux News?) and CNN(Communist News Network), take your pick as to how silly you want to appear, stir us up as to the eligibility of someone who wants to run for President. God help us survive this stupid Government.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I have read all these posts about whether Obama was eligable to be President, and now the arguement about Ted Cruz. I wondered WHY is this even going on? Surely our great and wonderful government which thinks it can run the health care system has rules and regulations to certify a candidate as eligible to hold the office of president. Surely the Federal Election requires proper documents and issues certification of eligiblilty for one who wants to run for President. So I went to the web site of the FEC to see what was required of me if I chose to run for President. The BEST I could tell was that THEY HAD NO REQIREMENT FOR CERTIFICATION. They so not issue certification of eligibility. The ONLY thing they are interested is is where does the money come from. They have PLENTY of forms and RULES and REGULATIONS concerning money, but I could not find even a SINGLE AREA concerned with eligibility. So our great and wonderful gov. wise as Solomon, future keeper of our health, is so stupid it cannot EVEN determine the eligibility of someone who chooses to run for President. So Fox News(Faux News?) and CNN(Communist News Network), take your pick as to how silly you want to appear, stir us up as to the eligibility of someone who wants to run for President. God help us survive this stupid Government.
    And the idiots who elected them.
    Bill Davis

(Do you really doubt that if such paperwork is what is required, he wouldn't do it? Do you believe Canada will deny that he was born there when his birth certificate says he was born there? Will we also ask for his mother's birth certificate to prove that she was born in the US, and had the citizenship to validate she was also born a citizen of the US? ) I would argue that he should have already. If your going to hold a press conference to prove your a citizen bring the documentation to back it up.

Interesting fact and then I am going to let go of the Ted Cruz argument. In 1987 Pres. Reagan signed an immigration bill into place with then intent of allowing Vietnamese children conceived from an American parent to become a naturalized citizen. This suggests to that at the time up to 1987 children born to one foreign national and one citizen outside of the U.S. were not considered Natural Born Citizens, but naturalized citizens. I have not been able to find anything to show that that law is not still in effect. Of course I could not find the laws as they were written in 1970 either.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Interesting fact and then I am going to let go of the Ted Cruz argument. In 1987 Pres. Reagan signed an immigration bill into place with then intent of allowing Vietnamese children conceived from an American parent to become a naturalized citizen. This suggests to that at the time up to 1987 children born to one foreign national and one citizen outside of the U.S. were not considered Natural Born Citizens, but naturalized citizens. I have not been able to find anything to show that that law is not still in effect. Of course I could not find the laws as they were written in 1970 either.
    I believe that someone has cited the present law. I also recall that the issue with Obama, IF he had been born in Kenya, would have been that the law at that time was different. O's mother, though a US citizen, would have had to have lived in the US for "x" number of years after reaching age 18. Since she had left the US before she was age 18 (to go to Kenya with Obama Sr), she did not fit the protocol.

However, I believe that Cruz's mother had lived in the US for at least the prescribed time after reaching age 18. So, the same law that would have kept Obama from being a "natural" citizen (IF he had been born in Kenya) would still make Cruz a natural citizen ... since the residency requirements of his citizen parent had been satisfied.

Since there has never been any effort by Cruz to conceal the place of his birth, or anything else (so far as we know) about his life before becoming a Senator, I find it difficult to imagine that he would not do the same in the future.

We DO know that Obama still has not made some events of his early life public ... like his grades in college; or an explanation of why he was classified as a "foreign" student at one point. In fact, in some instances he has gone to considerable lengths to preserve that privacy.

I have to admit that I am still in awe of (his father's statement) that Ted, and some of his HS classmates, memorized the US Constitution and travelled giving speeches WRT the Constitution. I think of myself in HS and cannot imagine having a scintilla of that kind of maturity back then. While my family was one of immigrants, there was never the political emphasis in my childhood. I would have to believe that Cruz's father's experiences in Cuba instilled that kind of passion for the preciousness of the freedoms provided by the Constitution.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Interesting small note on Ted Cruz in the National Review, by Jay Nordlinger:
    I wanted to say something about my friend Ted Cruz, the new Texas senator. He is very optimistic about what can be done — way too optimistic, many conservatives say. I think I know a reason for his optimism.

When he ran for the Senate, people told him — and I mean experienced people, political veterans — that it was impossible. He had no chance. He’d embarrass himself. He had never run for office before. For the Republican nomination, he was up against the state’s lieutenant governor, a self-financer. Ted could never win.

And yet he won.

Therefore, when people say, “This is impossible,” Ted is apt to say, “Really? Are you sure?”
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It's interesting that Fauxnews has been harping on the birther issue for the better part of the last seven years when it is clearly such a non-issue. Seems to be that Hannity, Rush, Beck and the rest of the clown crew are losing a little sleep over the hypocrisy issue, the spin is in full effect. At least Rush can blame it on the drugs.
    lol....four words.....Jesse "The Body" Ventura