The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    At first I thought that it is possible he really didn't think about it because really for most people it really doesn't matter.

Being from Texas he should be very aware of how many women from Mexico come to areas that he represents to have their children on American soil so they have American citizenship, he speaks against the drain they place on hospitals and other resources in Texas.

Ted Cruz is not claiming that he didn't know he was born in Canada and as Bon so elegantly wrote about his dual citizenship, it is very common knowledge. Also Ted Cruz couldn't have missed the entire birther argument with President Obama. So either he thought no one would find out about it or he isn't as smart as he would like us to believe.
    First of all he is a senator which requires one be a US citizen for 9 years before running for office, and clearly regardless of place of birth nobody questions that he meets the requirement.
    As to the Mexicans jumping the border and then squating and plopping out their spawn for citizenship that is a stupid argument as he never attempted to claim Canadian citizenship as a result of being born in the country. Those Mexican border jumper sqaut and plops drain the system. They get WIC, foord stamps, edicaid etc for their spawn and steal from the taxpayers!!!! He has only ever held an American passport. He has never attempted to vote in a Canadian election etc.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I would like to see him produce his documentation to prove he is an American citizen.
    He has an American passport. Honestly his birth certificate from Canada based on his year of birth is his proof. It states his mother is an American citizen. BY the way laws were actually different when Obama was born.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

who cares if ted cruz runs for president? run a nice white guy out there who is willing to kill enough babies to capture two percent of moderate white females but not so many babies as to alienate the right and forget trying to sway minorities!

BLACK/BROWN PEOPLE AINT GONNA VOTE FOR ANY CANDIDATE WITH CONSERVATIVE POSITIONS!!!!!!!
    john mccallie

So either he thought no one would find out about it or he isn't as smart as he would like us to believe.
    I have never heard there was any "concealment" of where Cruz was born. It has been an open fact.

It was his mother who was a US citizen, and his father who was a naturalized immigrant.

The scholars have indicated that because he did NOT require naturalization to be considered a citizen, he is a "natural born" citizen. He has released his "long form" birth certificate. He has also stated that he would have no problem in formally renouncing his Canadian citizenship. His dual citizenship is a result, it would appear, of Canada acknowledging the same as the US that anyone born in their country is automatically a citizen of that country.

The issue of Obama's citizenship has been that IF he were born in Kenya (as some Kenyans claim he was), his mother's citizenship (under the laws at the time) did not apply to him. Something about her needing to be resident of the US for "x" number of years AFTER reaching a certain age (18?). She would not have fulfilled that qualification. Hence, it was very important to establish that Obama was born in HI ... where he would automatically be a citizen regardless of his parents' citizenship status.

Truthfully, on that aspect of the Obama birther issue, I'd be thinking it doesn't matter. If that law was considered unreasonable (with regard to his mother, who was unquestionably a US citizen by her birthplace) & needed changing, then I wouldn't feel it makes a great deal of difference over the long haul. What I could find fault with is whether he tried to conceal the fact that he was born in Kenya. That, to me, could reveal the kind of character that feels entitled to ignore laws if they do not suit one's aspirations/purposes.

Actually, it is a good thing, IMHO, that the issue of Cruz's citizenship is out in the open & being clarified now. He may not be a POTUS candidate in 2016, but he is young enough to aspire to that in future elections.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

My point is that with all of the publicity about questioning President Obama, and Mr. Cruz's knowledge of women from Mexico coming to the US to give birth he should have known that he had dual citizenship. I've never indicated that he tried to hide anything.

If he didn't think about bring born in Canada, then he isn't as smart as he would like everyone to believe.

I do applaud his quick response but realty he should have thought about it before the Dallas Morning News.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I would like to see him produce his documentation to prove he is an American citizen.
    Are you really that stupid? Have you followed the story at all?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    My point is that with all of the publicity about questioning President Obama, and Mr. Cruz's knowledge of women from Mexico coming to the US to give birth he should have known that he had dual citizenship. I've never indicated that he tried to hide anything.

If he didn't think about bring born in Canada, then he isn't as smart as he would like everyone to believe.

I do applaud his quick response but realty he should have thought about it before the Dallas Morning News.
    He's pretty good on US laws, but since he left Canada when he was 4, he might not have been as sharp on Canada's laws? I don't know, but are there some countries who do NOT consider you a citizen simply because you were born on their soil?

I might take issue that there was not publicity about his being born on Canadian soil. It was covered quite a bit some months back. When the issue came up, it was quickly addressed, with consistent documentation, and seemed pretty much resolved by US law. It would never have been something to think about at all except for the high-profile that he has developed as a freshman Senator.

I believe that the roiling that took place over Obama's birth might have been due to those claims that he might have been born in Kenya (as some Kenyans still claim), and issues over inconsistencies in the first HI birth certificate published. It was, I think, a more complex set of circumstances than Cruz's situation.

Good that the Dallas paper found this now ... and he can renounce the Canadian citizenship to resolve any issue now.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 08-21-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It's really quite funny to see all the libs so worked up about this. They didn't think it was an important issue when Obama was already in office for several years and had never produced anything, not even a note from his third grade teacher. All we knew about him up to that point was that he was a member of the Choom Gang, didn't think it was important to wear an American Flag on his lapel... Till he was running for Pres... And saw that it was important to the voters... And that his wife hated America, till Americans finally pulled our heads out and nominated her hubby for President... Then she kinda liked us. If we ate what she told us to.
    Bill Davis

This stuff is great. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but, without a beat, the right wingers defend him as a "natural born" citizen because his mother was a US citizen (a convinient interpretation of the constitution). On the other hand, the right wingers have posted many things on multiple threads, including this one, to perpetuate the myth trumped up by the right wing entertainment complex that the President was born in Kenya. The hypocrisy is par for the course but still amazing.

All I can say is go Ted Cruz and go Rand Paul. Their continued and sustained rise to prominence will help ensure the further demise of the Republican party. It is great to see them making speeches on TV every day possible.

Bill, you have stated that this thread shows "libs worked up" and that you find it funny. Have you noticed that this thread is the only thread among many hundreds that have been started here that do not present your point of view? Just think of the entertainment some people get by visiting this site and seeing the dozens of threads on Bengahzi, obamacare, impeachment, cell phones, and anything that can be regurgitated from the right wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    This stuff is great. Ted Cruz was born in Canada but, without a beat, the right wingers defend him as a "natural born" citizen because his mother was a US citizen (a convinient interpretation of the constitution). On the other hand, the right wingers have posted many things on multiple threads, including this one, to perpetuate the myth trumped up by the right wing entertainment complex that the President was born in Kenya. The hypocrisy is par for the course but still amazing.

All I can say is go Ted Cruz and go Rand Paul. Their continued and sustained rise to prominence will help ensure the further demise of the Republican party. It is great to see them making speeches on TV every day possible.

Bill, you have stated that this thread shows "libs worked up" and that you find it funny. Have you noticed that this thread is the only thread among many hundreds that have been started here that do not present your point of view? Just think of the entertainment some people get by visiting this site and seeing the dozens of threads on Bengahzi, obamacare, impeachment, cell phones, and anything that can be regurgitated from the right wing media.
    Glad you are so easily entertained... We aim to please.
    Bill Davis