The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz

If you do not think Ted Cruz's eligibility will not be challenged you may not understand American politics to well.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Look, I want to give the guy a fair chance. If he will just produce his Consular Report of Birth Abroad, I am sure that it will clear up this whole mess. Of course if he won't then why not? What is he hiding? I think there are plenty of known cases of illegals living in this country for decades without getting caught. In fact his own father only became a citizen in 2005.
    I'm in the dark on what the Consular Report is, and whether it would be something requested by Cruz ... or someone else. I'd guess that it would be one of those things that a parent wouldn't think of at the time .... imagining that this would be the kid who might grow up to be President.

If such a document can be acquired retroactively, then there should be no problem in doing so.

So far there has been no dispute about whether his SS # is his own; and issued in the state where he resided according to the normal assignment of SS#s.

I do not know for a fact if his school records are in public domain.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 08-23-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It is important t mention that unlike Obama, Ted Cruz has provided all the facts and information up front....says something about the differences in CHARACTER between the two of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I'm in the dark on what the Consular Report is, and whether it would be something requested by Cruz ... or someone else. I'd guess that it would be one of those things that a parent wouldn't think of at the time .... imagining that this would be the kid who might grow up to be President.

If such a document can be acquired retroactively, then there should be no problem in doing so.

So far there has been no dispute about whether his SS # is his own; and issued in the state where he resided according to the normal assignment of SS#s.

I do not know for a fact if his school records are in public domain.
    Its also known as form FS-240....I had to get one when I lost my Soc Security Card, it is signed by the existing Sec of State...I had all the documents that my mom had saved including my dad's military records, my mom's naturalization records, my birth certificate, and even college transcripts....it took me ONE YEAR to get it back, that document is now under lock and key
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

If you are a
    U.S. citizen and the parent of a child born out of the United States, you will
    need to document your child’s U.S. citizenship with a Consular Report of Birth
    Abroad.
    This document is used in the United States like a certified copy of
    a birth certificate, and it is acceptable evidence of citizenship for obtaining
    a passport and entering school. Although the application forms and final
    documents are the same everywhere, our embassies and consulates have different
    procedures to get them. If you haven’t done so already, check your local post
    website to learn the local rules. Our Embassies and Consulates will need you to
    make an appointment for this service.

It is actual proof of citizenship. The short form birth certificate that he provided is only proof that he has Canadian citizenship. Presented here is the states the only travel that it would guarantee him is with border patrol. Without this document I do not see how anyone could say that he has been open and honest about his past.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Without this document I do not see how anyone could say that he has been open and honest about his past.
    His birth in Canada is documented, and has never been concealed or denied. Open and honest, I'd say.

His father's and mother's places of birth are, and have always been, known. Open and honest, I'd say.

He acted promptly on the revelation that he held dual citizenship. Open and honest, I'd say.

Some legal scholars have already debated the issue of the existing law as to whether his status was "natural born".

Actually documenting his status as being "natural born" has never really been very important, until he began to gain some profile in the Senate, and people began to see him as a potential candidate in the future. So, I'd hope that if the Consular Report is what is required to confirm that, he has the advisors who will take the appropriate steps to acquire it.

Heck, he may not have even considered that as a freshman Senator he would become as high profile as he has become. In truth, his activity there, it seems, has already made him persona non grata to the "establishment". Much as I admire his boldness, it might still be a stretch to think that he can overcome the establishment to be on a candidate ticket in 2016.

I'd say it's not a matter of "open and honest", it more a matter of proper documentation that was not really any issue until quite recently.

Are we still worried that Obama uses an SS# issued in CT that was previously assigned to someone else who died? Has Obama ever tried to explain how that happened? What about the photoshop evidence on the much-heralded long form birth certificate that was not produced for Obama until quite some time AFTER his first election.

I'm not a "birther", but it's annoying that Cruz would be subjected to more stringent standards than Obama.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

His Canadian citizenship has never been in question. He produced documentation to prove he is Canadian. Please believe me when I tell you I fully believe he is Canadian. He has been very open and honest about that. He has not however produced any documentation that he is American. He said that he has a passport, but hasn't produced it yet. That in and of itself does not prove that he is natural born either. His father became a Canadian Citizen in the time that he lived there. There is logic then that his wife would do the same also. That is just a question, but one that needs to be answered. If he was being totally forthcoming this questions would be answered.

If Obama had produced a Kenyan birth certificate, I would wager you would be asking to see his Consular Report of Birth Abroad to prove his citizenship. I only say that, because he had to produce his long form birth certificate and had it certified as authentic by the Hawaiian Governor, Secretary of State and the Hospital Administrator. To that end there is still the belief that it was photo shopped and part of some vast conspiracy.

If you watch a lot of trials then you would know you can find experts to say anything. The Consular Report is what he should have released in the first place.

Please don't think that the Ted Cruz story leaked out either. He put this out so it would be a non-issue when he announces his candidacy.

His Canadian citizenship has never been in question. He produced documentation to prove he is Canadian. Please believe me when I tell you I fully believe he is Canadian. He has been very open and honest about that. He has not however produced any documentation that he is American. He said that he has a passport, but hasn't produced it yet. That in and of itself does not prove that he is natural born either. His father became a Canadian Citizen in the time that he lived there. There is logic then that his wife would do the same also. That is just a question, but one that needs to be answered. If he was being totally forthcoming this questions would be answered.

If Obama had produced a Kenyan birth certificate, I would wager you would be asking to see his Consular Report of Birth Abroad to prove his citizenship. I only say that, because he had to produce his long form birth certificate and had it certified as authentic by the Hawaiian Governor, Secretary of State and the Hospital Administrator. To that end there is still the belief that it was photo shopped and part of some vast conspiracy.

If you watch a lot of trials then you would know you can find experts to say anything. The Consular Report is what he should have released in the first place.

Please don't think that the Ted Cruz story leaked out either. He put this out so it would be a non-issue when he announces his candidacy.

If he is Canadian as you so boldly claim then why didnt his opponents in the Texas US Senate race look to have the race invalidated, why is there no one in the Senate looking to disqualify him from being a US Senator...WHY..you do have to produce documents to prove you are eligible to run for election in your home state, dont you think he was vetted by his state and also by the R and D party to make sure he had proper documentation to be a US Senator

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

He admitted that he was Canadian. It wasn't until this week that renounced his Canadian Citizenship. There is no one denying that fact. One does not need to be a naturalized citizen to be in the Senate. A naturalized citizen is only required for the office of president and vice president. I am only asking that he prove he is a natural born citizen, a subject that he brought to the media to clear up for his upcoming presidential run. (this is part of his vetting process). I for one cannot accept a Canadian birth certificate as proof of his citizenship to the USA. If you like him or not I don't think anyone on this forum should either. That is a very low bar of proof.

He admitted that he was Canadian. It wasn't until this week that renounced his Canadian Citizenship. There is no one denying that fact. One does not need to be a naturalized citizen to be in the Senate. A naturalized citizen is only required for the office of president and vice president. I am only asking that he prove he is a natural born citizen, a subject that he brought to the media to clear up for his upcoming presidential run. (this is part of his vetting process). I for one cannot accept a Canadian birth certificate as proof of his citizenship to the USA. If you like him or not I don't think anyone on this forum should either. That is a very low bar of proof.
    what high school did you graduate from....did you miss that day in civics or American Govt/history

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for senators: 1) they must be at least 30 years old, 2) they must have been citizens of the United States for at least the past nine years, and 3) they must be inhabitants of the states they seek to represent at the time of their election. The age and citizenship qualifications for senators are more stringent than those for representatives

I dont think you know the DEFINITION of Naturalized vs Natural Born

natural born- A person born in the territory of the United States of America or to United States citizen parents

naturalized- Naturalization (or naturalisation) is the acquisition of citizenship and nationality by somebody who was not a citizen of that country at the time of birth.