The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    But YOUR BROAD MINDED OBJECTIVE INTELLIGENCE is truly astounding!!
    Please enlighten me some with your statistical brilliance. Please Give us a breakdown of all states eliminating the costs of the bottom 20% of their all residents. Or is it only fair that only your home state that is allowed to eliminate the bottom 20% in any statistical analysis While your at it please give us the proof of your quoted : "The native American population that is TOTALLY funded by the Fed"
    I will not speak for Uncle Bill.....but as far as I am concerned playing the 'numbers' game is not at the heart of this discussion, as data frequently is used to "mis-represent" reality. I believe their is a much more sinister reason for the unusual position mjh345 and others like you take....T S Eliot said it better than I can..."Half the harm that isdone in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't meanto do harm-- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, orthey justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think wellof themselves."
    -- T. S. Eliot
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 09-17-2013 at 03:11 PM.

I am not for, or against this Cruz.
    were he to run, it's for him to choose.
    Our rules are as plain as a bible to read.
    Yet dozens of churches, say they have the right creed.
    When we line up Cruz with Barry.
    The thing that has. me very wary.
    Is how one of them has stories that vary,
    yet promises to be transpary
    And the other, on the senate floor,
    reads from the doctor we all adore.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

....keeps staying in the news but this topic has dropped to page 2 here.

He just won two straw polls among Conservative Republicans. http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/13...an-straw-poll/

Had a rally at the WWII memorial over the weekend with Sarah Palin http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...memorial.html/

and demonstrates that he is in complete denial about impacts that his strategy is having on the Republican party http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ountry-is?lite

But then again the NBC/Wall Street Journal poll shows that the TeaParty still loves him.

Go Ted Cruz!!!!

Perhaps Cruz and Lee walked into a battle they could not win ... this time. However, I have to agree with the basic philosophy that if you lay down and roll over, you have zero chance of winning. I really believe Ds have come to expect that of the Rs ... rolling over under the least bit of pressure.

It will really be of no use to freedom for you and I to have a one-party system.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Aside from Cruz's birth question and his short tenure in the Senate before acquiring a high profile, the credentials of the two (Obama & Cruz) differ quite a lot. Whether you like Cruz or not, it is not easy to deny that his actual legal expertise outweighs Obama's (IMHO).

As a teenager, Cruz was involved with several conservative groups, where he learned about free-market principles and political philosophy. He graduated valedictorian of Houston’s Second Baptist High School and went on to study at Princeton University and Harvard Law School. During college, Cruz was a national award-winning debater, primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. He was also a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.

His impressive academic background led to federal-level clerkships. He also served as attorney to John Boehner during a lawsuit in 1998, and as domestic policy adviser on the Bush- Cheney campaign in 1999. His service on the Bush campaign earned him the spot of director of policy planning at the Federal Trade Commission, and then associate deputy attorney general at the Justice Department.

Later, Cruz was appointed solicitor general of Texas. Cruz’s tenure in that position from 2003-2008 made him both the longest-serving and first Hispanic solicitor general in Texas state history. At the time, he was also the youngest solicitor general in the country. As if there wasn’t enough on his plate, Cruz also served as an adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law. He retired from his position with the state to return to private practice in 2008.

To label his legal career as successful would be an understatement. His record includes presenting 43 oral arguments, nine of which were made before the Supreme Court, and authoring 80 Supreme Court briefs.
    This sounds pragmatic:
    “Where I think so many Republicans have gone wrong,” he continues, “is they have compromised for compromise sake. They have compromised in a way that is worse for the status quo. I don’t think a deal is a good deal if it exacerbates the problem. If we’re moving in the right direction, then I’m perfectly happy taking less than 100 percent of what I would like.”
    This sounds like putting the voice of the constituents above the voice of the Beltway:
    It was never his intention to fall in line with business as usual. He’s even changing the National Republican Senatorial Committee, where he is vice chair along with Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio. Along with chairman Sen. Jerry Moran of Kansas, these senators will have input into how well Republican incumbents are protected and how many Democratic seats are pursued.

In the past, the NRSC played a prominent role in mid-term primaries, but Cruz believes “Washington doesn’t have a good track record of picking winners and losers” and that “primaries should be decided by the grassroots voters on the ground in each state.” While not opposed to personal participation in primary elections, the senator hopes the NRSC will only play a supporting role, once candidates are chosen
    Regardless of his place in history, Cruz did more in his first year than many veteran senators accomplished in decades. He shook up the Washington establishment and he elevated the voice of his constituents not just on the Senate floor, but across the country.
    Yes, I like Cruz. Yes, I think he is sincere. I never believed Clinton or Obama were more than rhetoric (and absolutely Hillary is in the same category). He's rocked the boat in DC ... I think it's about time. When McCain calls him a wacko bird, I tend to believe that Cruz is on the right track
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

and he still hasn't renounced his Canadian Citizenship.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...nship/4308583/

TORONTO (AP) - U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz vowed months ago to renounce his Canadian citizenship by the end of 2013, but the Calgary-born Republican is still a dual citizen.

Cruz, 43, recently said in an interview with the Dallas Morning News that lawyers are preparing the paperwork to renounce citizenship, just as he said in August.

Richard Kurland, a Vancouver-based immigration attorney, wonders what's taking so long. Kurland said Friday that unless there's a security or mental health issue that hasn't been disclosed, renouncing citizenship is a simple, quick process.

"If he's attempting to bring our system into disrepute by suggesting it's lengthy and complex, it's just not true. Revocation is one of the fastest processes in our system," said Kurland.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Maybe he is keeping his options open in case he wins?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I hope he gets the nomination....it assures that the republicans will lose the white house again. Go Cruz!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Aside from Cruz's birth question and his short tenure in the Senate before acquiring a high profile, the credentials of the two (Obama & Cruz) differ quite a lot. Whether you like Cruz or not, it is not easy to deny that his actual legal expertise outweighs Obama's (IMHO).

This sounds pragmatic:

This sounds like putting the voice of the constituents above the voice of the Beltway:

Yes, I like Cruz. Yes, I think he is sincere. I never believed Clinton or Obama were more than rhetoric (and absolutely Hillary is in the same category). He's rocked the boat in DC ... I think it's about time. When McCain calls him a wacko bird, I tend to believe that Cruz is on the right track
    . Later, Cruz was appointed solicitor general of Texas. Cruz’s tenure in that position from 2003-2008 made him both the longest-serving and first Hispanic solicitor general in Texas state history. At the time, he was also the youngest solicitor general in the country. As if there wasn’t enough on his plate, Cruz also served as an adjunct professor at the University of Texas School of Law. He retired from his position with the state to return to private practice in 2008.
    So Ted Cruz is a Canadian, born from a white American mother and a Cuban father but wants to be called Hispanic? Maybe that was Romney's mistake, his father was Mexican and yet Mitt never played the race card.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    So Ted Cruz is a Canadian, born from a white American mother and a Cuban father but wants to be called Hispanic? Maybe that was Romney's mistake, his father was Mexican and yet Mitt never played the race card.
    Why not? It works for Obama...
    Bill Davis