The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Cabela's Collars

Default Cabela's Collars

Well I got the new Cabela's Catalog Today and as i was flipping threw it a came across Cabela's Remote Collars. I'm in the market for a new collar and the price seemed alright was wondering if anyone has any experience with them??
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

I haven't used the Cabela's collar. However, in the Bargain Cave they usually have several reconditioned Tri-Tronics collars at really good prices. Mine came with a 1 year factory warranty as well. Might look in the cave.

Run. Don't walk...run.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Banned

I have found that with outdoor electronics the guaranty from the retailer is most important. I get all this stuff from LL Bean because you never have an issue with getting a new in box replacement.

Save your money for something tried and true like a Tritronics Pro model or a higher end Dogtra. Spend the money once rather than less of it multiple times and deal with failing electronics.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH QAA (Shooter)

I was a tester for these collars for Cabela's. I have all three level of these collars I would recommend the 9000 for retriever training. It has both sound and vibrates capabilities and a mile and a half range. It costs about $279. I used it all winter to train my dogs.
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

Thanks for all the Input. I ended up going wit ha dogtra 3500. My Trainer swears by them. I have noticed that since Garmin bought tri tronics the quality has gone done considerably and I was wanting to get away from them and into something different.
    I have never understood why you can have the best trained dogs in the world, but when you put two dogs together the act like they have a half a brain between the both of them.

Rkk's Lady Of the Lake

Quote Originally Posted by nick_wilburn View Post
    Thanks for all the Input. I ended up going wit ha dogtra 3500. My Trainer swears by them. I have noticed that since Garmin bought tri tronics the quality has gone done considerably and I was wanting to get away from them and into something different.
    How has the quality gone down?
    Tom Dorroh