The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Move Congress out of DC?

Default Move Congress out of DC?

Kind of an interesting propostion
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...o_america.html
    Imagine how it would be if when a Congress-critter was voting, he was sitting in his home district/state, surrounded by his constituents ... not off in remote DC.

They might actually get more accomplished that was worth accomplishing.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Heck Gerry, I would just settle for them to be available to us on a regular basis......!

That would be a novelty ... when you send them an email (presumably the same goes for USPS), all you get back is a canned response ... most especially when your contact differs from what they're voting for in Congress.

There should be more opportunity for townhall-type interaction, when they have to look their constituents in the eye.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry, I agree I have a file of canned responses, I send email and fax every chance I get...if nothing else it lets them know we are watching...

I like the idea of facing the people when voting. With the technology we have today it is certainly possible.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

It would never happen. Can you imagine the screams from the folks of DC? It would kill the gravy train that the DC area has been on for so long. Too many lobbyists with expensive real estate to pay for. Same with a lot of the politicians, staffers etc...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It would never happen. Can you imagine the screams from the folks of DC? It would kill the gravy train that the DC area has been on for so long. Too many lobbyists with expensive real estate to pay for. Same with a lot of the politicians, staffers etc...
    I agree that it won't happen but that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. Heck most good ideas concerning DC never see the light of day there.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    I agree that it won't happen but that doesn't mean it isn't a good idea. Heck most good ideas concerning DC never see the light of day there.
    That's right, but lots of bad ones do...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That's right, but lots of bad ones do...
    All the time. The country is wrestling with one now.