The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delbert Belton

Default Delbert Belton

Is it time to make "fists" illegal?

I mean, it isn't the kids, it's the weapons!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...6pLid%3D362516

Maybe it's time to address the lawless "thug" culture.

UPDATE: Police officers “have arrested one suspect, a juvenile male, in connection to the beating death of an 88 year old man earlier this week,” the Spokane Police Department said in a statement on Twitter. The suspect's name has not yet been released. The other attacker is still at large.

Original story below:

A WWII veteran who fought at the Battle of Okinawa, where he took a bullet to the leg and continued fighting, was beaten to death by two teens Wednesday night.

Delbert Belton, 88, from Spokane, Wash., was pronounced dead Thursday morning, KHQ reported.

Two male teens pummeled Belton outside a pool hall in what police describe a random attack.

"There was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault," Spokane Police Major Crimes Detective Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.

Belton, who friends affectionally called "Shorty," enjoyed playing pool and working on cars.

Belton was Ted Denison's best friend of 23 years, Denison said in an interview with KXLY.

"He was always there for me when I needed him," Denison said. "I thought of him more as a dad than I did a friend really."

Friend of Belton, Lillian Duncan, told The Spokesman-Review that the veteran was waiting in the parking lot for her so they could walk into the pool hall together.

“Anybody that didn’t get to know him missed out on a wonderful angel in their life," Duncan said.

Police are looking for two black male teens. One suspect was described as heavy set and wearing all black clothing. The other has been described as being about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds, and was wearing a silk do-rag. The Spokane Police Department is hoping the public can help track down the suspects based on video footage of the two.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 08-23-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Lets see how much coverage this gets, Unarmed 88 year old white guy minding his own business probably had a a soda and some candy... beat to death by two black kids..... This will continue as long as we keep letting them get away with it catch them give them the death penalty. One of these suspects has a LONG rap sheet & all he gets is a slap on the wrist. Its time to get serious stop putting them in prison where they end up having a better life than they have now!
    He was beaten to death using fists and flashlights guess its time for background checks on flashlights.
    Delbert you should have had a gun RIP
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-23-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

So sad. You have to wonder how two brawny kids can add to their self-esteem by doubling up on an 88-yr-old man who's nickname was Shorty. Cowards.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe it's time to address the lawless "thug" culture. RK
    A little history of Spokane - While being queen of the Inland Empire, it's a city with many have nots. A dog person I knew bought a house in a good neighborhood & during the upswing in housing was pleased that his haircut was less than 5%.

The political scene is different - a person from over there was elected Senate Majority Leader for WA, one of the few times R's have been in the majority in this state in eons - ardent in his persecution of those with an alternate life style - resigned to run for Mayor of Spokane & was elected - hired on HIS staff his boyfriend while I believe he also had a wife, who did little productive for the city - The local rag did it's job & exposed him & he was forced to resign.

When the folks in the leadership roles are scumbags, & we could begin at a very high level with that. When folks like Sharpton & Jackson get valuable face time on the networks, some one notices. Those are not excuses, they are symptomatic of what passes for a value system, & nice old men suffer the consequences. JMO

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Update: The punks beat Shorty to death with those heavy flashlights.

Haven't heard one word from the flashlight control crowd.

Thugs that want to beat, maim or kill someone will do it, no matter what they have available for a weapon. People like these animals make me sick.
    Bill Davis

Saddest part.... no one cares...no public outcry...nothing. If he had been a old black man beaten to death by two white teens he would go down in the history books.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Thats because we are not organized like the black community,we have separated ourselves due to public shame and being frowned upon if we show ANY kind of pride in OUR race or ethnicity .

Welcome to modern day America ,where you better be with the blacks or you are a racist a$$hole that will be thrown in jail ,if you choose to exercise your freedom of speech.
    Last edited by shawninthesticks; 08-24-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

BCR's Born to Boogie "Boogie" (FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus" X HR Big Creek Retrivers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy")

its events like this that make oneself think about being a vigilante and taking justice into your own hands, scum like this has no rights,deserve no trial...where is Charles Bronson when we need him
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    its events like this that make oneself think about being a vigilante and taking justice into your own hands, scum like this has no rights,deserve no trial...where is Charles Bronson when we need him
    Yes, Sir. Well said......................................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

The police chief thinks that Shorty might not have been so badly injured if he hadn't fought back:
    Straub said it appeared that Belton fought back against his attackers, and that may have contributed to the severity of the beating his received.

Nevertheless, "I encourage people to fight back" when attacked, Straub said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/26...#ixzz2dECVvLgW
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.