RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Breeze 1/16/04 - 8/25/13

4K views 35 replies 34 participants last post by  frontier 
#1 · (Edited)
I got the devastating news from my husband while I was out of town yesterday that we lost our Breeze. She had escaped from our fence during the evening and he searched for her all night. She was buried this morning...Our hearts are broken.

This song may be forever burned in my heart. It was playing at agility trial yesterday during the walk through. I found out minutes later about Breeze..Everyone happy ready to run...Sure reminds me of Breeze, beautiful, a mix of rock n' roll and classical music. She loved the game, all of it. She was the first MACH in our club and only to ever compete at AKC nationals. Breeze was mom of 13 (including multiple MACHs, tracking titles, MH, search and rescue dogs and above all wonderful companions) and grandmother of 18. She was amateur trained in agility and we practiced alone nearly all the time.

After a break from whelping her first litter, I entered her in a hunt test with no training. The first mark was a short flyer and when I released her I held my breath (I never entered a HT before. I forgot my whistle. She took off like a rocket running out of sight. What we couldn't see was a hunter at the end of the field approximately 450 yards away in a white jacket. Those wonderful genes kicked in, I think we all had goosebumps on that one. I said "oh no I forgot my whistle! and the judges said just call her back and she did. She finished her JH 4 for 4. By her last run, people were coming up to me saying "what a special little dog she is" and I just replied "I know".

Breeze was an awesome agility partner but she loved the field. My only regret is that I didn't spend more time training for her passion. I called her my "sis" and we had a special bond. Greg said she was the up there with "the great ones" in his book of female labs...and he had seen a few. I can relate to Robert Plant's face in this video and to Breeze I give a big standing ovation....well done sis....

http://youtu.be/JK_DOJa99oo

In Memory MACH Canebrake Show Me The Money XF JH CGC "Breeze"
We will miss you forever.
Martha & Greg Veatch

See less See more
#3 ·
I can not believe this ... so so sorry for you Martha. XO to you and Breeze :sad:

#10 ·
Condolences. I am very sorry for your loss. What matters is that I am sure you made Breeze a very happy dog for life.

#15 ·
so sorry for your loss of Breeze. She would be proud of the fine tribute you gave her.

#16 ·
So sorry for your loss.

#18 ·
Sorry for your loss. Hold tight to those great memories and special times you shared.

#19 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss.

#20 ·
What sad news - I am so sorry.

#22 ·
I am very sorry for your loss.

#24 ·
So sorry for your loss of Breeze. Heaven needed another perfect dog back. You see, they are only on loan to us.

#25 ·
Though they break our hearts when they leave, our hearts are larger to house the memories. We always have room for more. Peace.

#26 ·
So sorry for your loss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.