The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Today's Youth

Default Today's Youth

It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Sad but true for many of our youth.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Franco...one area we all agree on the "uninformed voters"....! As I have commented before, I also am concerned about the misguided voters who either did not vote or choose to vote for a third party....although their motives may have been genuine, the result is the same as the "uninformed voters"....electing idiots to run our country.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Franco...one area we all agree on the "uninformed voters"....! As I have commented before, I also am concerned about the misguided voters who either did not vote or choose to vote for a third party....although their motives may have been genuine, the result is the same as the "uninformed voters"....electing idiots to run our country.
    With the way we vilify office holders, who of any substance would want to run for office? What you have left are the "idiots" and scoundrels.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 08-27-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Yup, I think voting for that third Party, the GOP is a waste if there is a Libertarian in the race. I expect the GOP to win the Senate and keep the House in the mid-terms but lose the White House again in 2016.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-27-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Franco....I wish winning the Senate and House again, is as easy as you say...unfortunately, I believe the Republican Party is fractured and the same 3 million voters who stayed home in the last election will stay home again, unless we get some of the various splintered groups to come together at the poles and vote Republican.

About the time I really despair over today's youth, I get to go photograph a ceremony at NAS Corpus Christi. All these 1stLt's and Ens are pretty young and have stepped up in a time of war and said "send me, I'll go". Readjusts my perspective a bit.

2010-06-01_096.jpg2010-06-01_106.jpg2012-09-14_173.jpg2012-10-12_389.jpg2013-01-11_120.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HPL; 08-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

A local story here. I'm not sure how old the woman is, but it sounds like she could be on the young side.

This woman delivered a baby, estimated to be 32 to 36 weeks, which is about full term, in the bathroom of a suburban sports bar! She then smothered the baby, wrapped it in plastic and deposited it in the tank of the toilet. They have arrested her for murder.

I cannot imagine how any human, even not the baby's parent, could have killed a newborn infant. It's beyond my comprehension. The woman was specific that she smothered the baby first; made sure it was dead before putting it in the toilet tank.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.