The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: would you train sonny in exchange for Pres hunts?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would jump at the chance

12 52.17%
  • my political view would prevent quality dog training so I need to say no.

3 13.04%
  • I would like to but fear public view and media.

1 4.35%
  • I only train dogs on RTF.

3 13.04%
  • who is President Obama?

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: would you help train Sonny, in exchange for going hunting with his owner?

I would have to charge government rates. As a non professional trainer I figure my knowledge of dogs is as good if not better than most of the DC law makers knowledge of their jobs
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Only if Dick Chaney and Mr.Pres. worked a flyer station together.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    Only if Dick Chaney and Mr.Pres. worked a flyer station together.
    Is the President still a lawyer? Mr. Chaney only shoots lawyers?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I truly cannot imagine a portion of a day doing anything with the POTUS - so did not participate in your poll. BTW, it's ChEney .

I have trained an IWS, can't imagine anything worse/
    Last edited by Marvin S; 08-26-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I truly cannot imagine a portion of a day doing anything with the POTUS - so did not participate in your poll.
    but Marv,
    I had a chouce for that, #2.
    And, I would figger you would follow the thought of no mater the side or party a President is from. Like it or not. That once elected the guy with the fewest hanging chads turns into the President of the United States. Not the President of just one side or the other. The point of this is if "OUR" (like it or not) President called you up and made the offer in the OP wouldent you serve at the pleasure of the President?
    And in all your years you must have seen some off limit government grounds you were itching to be able to hunt on??
    and would a PWD train like the IWS you trained? I bet you could get it to fetch up a duck!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I would, and I have a few spots in Charleston SC that tempted me for four years when I was in school next to the navy base.
    did any of the people on the base hunt those spots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    did any of the people on the base hunt those spots?
    I don't think they did. They were big manmade ponds where they would put the dredge material from the harbor. They were visible from the interstate and were always loaded with ducks. I believe they were in the middle of the cooper river right before the harbor.

the pin marks the spot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    but Marv,
    I had a chouce for that, #2.
    And, I would figger you would follow the thought of no mater the side or party a President is from. Like it or not. That once elected the guy with the fewest hanging chads turns into the President of the United States. Not the President of just one side or the other. The point of this is if "OUR" (like it or not) President called you up and made the offer in the OP wouldent you serve at the pleasure of the President?
    And in all your years you must have seen some off limit government grounds you were itching to be able to hunt on??
    and would a PWD train like the IWS you trained? I bet you could get it to fetch up a duck!
    Ken - #2 is not a choice - I worked for a very large company in a high profile position. Everyone knew me as the dog guy, though I don't think they realized how nuts you have to be to do what we do seriously. Along the way I had some folks who could have helped me financially, bigger raises, hint at going hunting with me. I only hunted with my sons!

These were people that I had great respect for in the job they did - why would one want to be around someone they have little respect for - it's not the party, it's the lousy job he has done, & unfortunately he telegraphed that, folks were to stupid to get the message. I would have considered Truman to be a suitable hunting companion .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    I don't really train dogs. So I've been told, anyway....
    Ditto!!!!!!!