The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: would you train sonny in exchange for Pres hunts?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would jump at the chance

12 52.17%
  • my political view would prevent quality dog training so I need to say no.

3 13.04%
  • I would like to but fear public view and media.

1 4.35%
  • I only train dogs on RTF.

3 13.04%
  • who is President Obama?

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: would you help train Sonny, in exchange for going hunting with his owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I do not delete my threads. I stand in the mud and fling it back. While at it. Would you all like to know the history of
    MY 12 year old girl line?
    Back in the spring when Stan and Nancy had the first official RTF training day I was so happy. We are all seperated by our keyboards and it is a dream of many to be able to come together and run dogs. I chatted with Chris and made up special rtf jamboree training day maple syrup labels that I was going to ship to Nancys place for gifts and maybe a fund raising raffle. Well things built and built and bickering and poking and mean snipes grew and grew and big time official sponcers were announced and it got so out of hand I picked up the phone and called Nancy and spoke person to person. Not a grand conspiracy or secret society. Just two live people talking. And I said, as at the time the main antagonist were a Marc feller and Stan that they were all just 12 year old girls..... I am told that phrase has gotten some use. And it is true. What is it with you guys? With ALL OF YOU GUYS???

these are some of the jars that were made for the jamboree but never mailed.
    Ken, I was at first reluctant to go to the first Jamboree since, in my experience little was done in the way of Dog training at such things. But these training days were the best I had ever attended. I was never aware there were problems and still don't know what they were.

Stan asked me if I knew of grounds where the 2nd jamboree could be held. Coincidentally, my AKC club had reserved our grounds on Sept 21 and since there was nothing scheduled, it has graciously offered them so long as ALL are welcome. We have outstanding grounds. In fact this weekend our HRC club has its fall HT with over 500 entries and will probably be the largest HRC HT ever. I told Stan that I would be glad and honored to do it.

Not knowing there might be a problem having the 2nd anual Jamboree, I committed. I take my committments seriously. I have 5 wingers and electronics, 4 holding blinds, guns, buckets gunstands, 5000 209 primers, 1000 poppers,4-wheeler and trailer and at least 50 ducks in the freezer. I hope people will come because the first one was such a success and I would hate to see it die. I can't make people come but I PROMISE that I will do everything in my power to see that anyone who comes will not regret it. Simply said, trust me you won't regret it. If any of you thought it was a good idea then you agree with me SO COME! I promise you those 5 wingers will be set up to run the 1st dog at 7am SHARP, SO COME.

Ken, the effort you made to get those bottles and make those cards was wonderful. I am more than impressed. Ken, if we could make this jamboree a yearly thing I like the idea of naming it the Maple Syrum Jamboree and the host gets to keep those bottles full of maple syrup to present to the next host for safe keeping. Then as the Maple Syrup Jamboree ages so ages the maple syrup.

I can't do it alone but I am committed. Who else will commit? As you said this is a good idea so will we all let it die? I sincerely hope not. Nothing more can I say.

Better off just having a BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Better off just having a BBQ.
    Tennessee has great BBQ, so you could train your dogs and see others' dogs run AND get good BBQ. So with luck, maybee you will change your mind and com help make it a success!

I tell you what! You come and help make this a success AND I will come and help you make a BBQ a success!!!!
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 08-28-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Go for it. There are so many tales of problems in AKC breed clubs etc. a person would assume the AKC confirmation shows were were never good. I'm here to tell you I have really enjoyed every one of them that I have visited or taken part in ( which was a very few due to money shortages ). Go and enjoy the good people and of course the good dogs etc.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~