The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: A very smart man

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    500

    Default A very smart man

    http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_YQ8560E1w?autoplay=1

    If more would think like this we would solve a lot of problems. I am sure there is going to be some back lash for me posting this so lets here it.

    Richard

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    154

    Default

    And a brave one. Generally I don't care for the idea of a "POTUS Place" thread. I come to RTF to tune out the sad state of politics in our nation but this is one link I'm glad I followed. Thanks for posting.

  3. #3
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    wow!!!!!!!!
    john mccallie

  4. #4
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    I'd seen this video before. I'd really be interested to hear the story of what made him make the change at this point. Since he is obviously not a young man, one gets the sense that for quite a while he was a Democrat. I'm going to visit his website to see if some of those details are there ... explaining what made him make this change at this point in his life.

    Quite a contrast to Sharpton and Jesse, huh?!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    He said in one interview that he had been a Democrat for about a decade ... until the party left him. I think Reagan used the same phrase. His district is, he said, about 65% Democrat, but his constituents have applauded him for his change of party, as the values he says made him change are the same as those of his constituency. He says there are a lot of "conservative Democrats" that just haven't spoken up.

    He is a Navy veteran, and a hunter.

    http://www.elbertguillory.com/index....cond-amendment
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,992

    Default

    I've met El several times! Not only does he represent my District in the State House, he leaned on our News/Talk radio station heavily during his campaign. He won with the help of the Dems and Repubs as he has just recently changed Party affiliation to a Repub.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  7. #7
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,400

    Default

    http://frederickdouglassrepublican.c.../k-carl-smith/
    On Guillory's website, there was a video of him with K. Carl Smith, retired US Army officer. I was curious about who K. Carl was, so I googled him.

    It's pretty amazing that we have not heard more about K. Carl ... obviously Guillory had.

    It is K. Carl's premise that "Frederick Douglass Republicans" can deflect the assault of being called "Uncle Tom" ... in so doing one would have to also indict Douglass, an historical figure of substanial influence, and a strong advocate of the Constitution.
    http://frederickdouglassrepublican.com/

    You might want to watch some of these videos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZTkZgwH-Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqYcb36qtmI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhrNoDhOexs

    The last one is about 15 minutes long, but worth listening to. He mentions that 60% of the FDRs are white. These seem to be the people who are really trying to bring people together, rather than dividing them.

    It is unfortunate that that last video has only received 802 views!

    Smith gets a charge out of their T-shirts ... the big, bold letters on the shirts are "FDR", and underneathe it says "Frederick Douglass Republican".
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 08-28-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  8. #8
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    He said in one interview that he had been a Democrat for about a decade ... until the party left him. I think Reagan used the same phrase. His district is, he said, about 65% Democrat, but his constituents have applauded him for his change of party, as the values he says made him change are the same as those of his constituency. He says there are a lot of "conservative Democrats" that just haven't spoken up.

    He is a Navy veteran, and a hunter.

    http://www.elbertguillory.com/index....cond-amendment
    For those of you who have followed Newt, you may remember him saying in at least one speech that the Republicans hold a number of core values (fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, respect for hard work, etc.) that poll at 80+% across demographics. His recommendation was that the Republican candidate stand next to those values and smile. Unfortunately the hardline rightwing wackos won't let them do that, instead insisting that they take hard positions on the most divisive issues like gay marriage, immigration, and abortion (all representing the third rail of national politics).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    For those of you who have followed Newt, you may remember him saying in at least one speech that the Republicans hold a number of core values (fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, respect for hard work, etc.) that poll at 80+% across demographics. His recommendation was that the Republican candidate stand next to those values and smile. Unfortunately the hardline rightwing wackos won't let them do that, instead insisting that they take hard positions on the most divisive issues like gay marriage, immigration, and abortion (all representing the third rail of national politics).
    Think you're wrong there Hugh... It's the media who rings the hot button issue up all the time... Not the "wackos". As you so eloquently call us. Most of us wacko's are more concerned with the economy, unemployment and what the Dems are doing to our taxes and the health care system.
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-28-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Bill Davis

  10. #10
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Think you're wrong there Hugh... It's the media who rings the hot button issue up all the time... Not the "wackos". As you so eloquently call us. Most of us wacko's are more concerned with the economy, unemployment and what the Dems are doing to our taxes and the health care system.
    No, I stand by my original statement. During the primaries, it is the "Party Faithful" who demand that the candidates "prove" themselves worthy of being called "conservative" by making sure that their positions on those previously mentioned "deadly" issues align with the most extreme members of the "base". Frustrates the living hell out of me. In "vetting" the candidates the "purists" generally have made them voice positions that virtually guarantees that they can't win a national election. Just stupid. We keep getting killed by "friendly fire".
    Last edited by HPL; 08-28-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •