The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

View Poll Results: would you train sonny in exchange for Pres hunts?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I would jump at the chance

12 52.17%
  • my political view would prevent quality dog training so I need to say no.

3 13.04%
  • I would like to but fear public view and media.

1 4.35%
  • I only train dogs on RTF.

3 13.04%
  • who is President Obama?

5 21.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: would you help train Sonny, in exchange for going hunting with his owner?

Default would you help train Sonny, in exchange for going hunting with his owner?

As I am sure you all know OUR President and first family have a new dog, Sonny. Like Bo, a pure breed PWD. I hear that he, (President Obama) has been reading The RTF with his nsa ability and has chosen one of us to ask to help train Sonny for waterfowl hunting. In exchange for being able to hunt say half a dozen times with the President in secure Government areas that only somebody like the President could gain access to. And he is willing to let you pick the spots.
    So....... If you are the lucky RTF'er POTUS poster the President has picked. Would you say yes? And if so, as a follow up what spots would you pick?

imagin being able to do swimby in the National Reflecting Pool?????
    having secret service bird boys???
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I would, and I have a few spots in Charleston SC that tempted me for four years when I was in school next to the navy base.

I would train the dog and take him hunting. But Obama would never get anywhere near one of my duck blinds unless they turned the land around it into a golf course and he plunked a drive into the water!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    ...... But Obama would never get anywhere near one of my duck blinds unless they turned the land around it into a golf course and he plunked a drive into the water!
    oh don't be a smurf, play along. say first lady told him duck meat was a free range, organic, low fat proten.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I have told this story before : but back when Clint was a grad student at Texas A&M, former Pres LBJ had a beagle named J.Edgar who needed some special medical attention...well of course they call their friend Cactus Pryor, who volunteers Clint to take the little bastard to the Vet school..I get to tag along and have the feller riding in my lap for the 90 minute ride from Austin to College Station, where we are met by Clint's best friend Ronny who is in Vet school..we carry the pooch into the clinic and explain to the vet who the dog is and who he belongs to, to which he replies " middle ear infection"..so they treat him for a couple of days and we bring him back to Austin, to be met by LBJ son in law Patrick Nugent and a team of Secret Service agents in black sedans...all that for a little beagle named after a cross dressing closet homosexual FBI Director
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

is that the dog from the photo of a President lifting a beagle by its ears? that caused some brew-ha-ha?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    is that the dog from the photo of a President lifting a beagle by its ears? that caused some brew-ha-ha?
    We think it was, he had a couple of them
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I think that dog was from Trumans time in office. I think

Richard

I decided to partake in this pole. I think my choice says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    I decided to partake in this pole. I think my choice says it all.
    Love it! and gosh I did wonder who would be first in that one