The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Jamboree Sept 21-22, 2013 Pools Knob Wildlife Management Area LaVergne, Tn

Default Fall Jamboree Sept 21-22, 2013 Pools Knob Wildlife Management Area LaVergne, Tn

Well a late start but the 2nd Annual Jamboree will be held at the Pools Knob Wildlife Management area Sat. and Sun. Sept 21-22. On that weekend, the grounds have been reserved and paid for by the Middle Tn. Amataur Retriever club. Since the date falls so close to the Master National, and nothing has been scheduled, the club has decided that the date could be used as a training day with all guests invited.

Here is where we stand so far. With my own equipment and frozen ducks, I intend to have a setup consisting of 5 marks with wingers in such a manner that a dog at any HT level will be able to train. That setup will be ready by 7am SHARP Sat. 21st. Another individual, barring conflicts also has equipment and ducks ect that he has offered to come with his equipment. This is the kind of support that is needed. Another trainer who was at the last Jamboree also will come if he does not have a conflict with a HT.

Chris attended the 1st Jamboree and was an integral part in making it successful. For me personally. it was a great opportunity to meet Chris and learn some of the history of the creation of the RTF. I sent a PM asking for his advise and input as to how to proceed. Rather than paraphrasing his response, I will send him an e-mail asking him to respond on this thread concerning his position as to support and participation of the RTF and him personally. As to sponsorship, I don't believe there needs to be any sponsors. That DOES NOT MEAN that anybody or any organization can't PARTICIPATE. He did say that he preferred that the term "RTF" not be included in the name of the Jamboree. Other than that I will let Chris respond.

I must say that I was stunned by the beauty of Ken's Maple Syrup Decanters and the detail of the tags HE created. Given Chris' feelings concerning the use of "RTF" in the name of the Jamboree, I would hope that Ken could modify the tags if they so state. What a GREAT job. I can't pass up letting them sit idle. So from now on I will call this the 2nd Annual Jamboree in Recognition of Ken's Vermont Maple Syrup. Personally I would like the name of the Jamboree to be The Annual Maple Syrup Jamboree. We have no rules and no BOD, only consensus of opinions, so what do you all think?

To each and all of you, I will personally commit to have those 5 marks set up so that there is something for all levels of dogs from beginning to finished to be able to run something. I think that can be done and that WILL be done.

Last but not least, I don't like failure but I am not affraid of it. What is needed are those who feel the same way and are willing to participate and make this thing grow. I need volunteers and people who want to participate and jump at the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. No idea is not worth considering. It may be in conflict with other ideas and it may not be possible but ideas are what something like this is all about. I'M LISTENING and I am hoping to hear from those who don't fear failure and those who want to participate.

How about it?

It's birds and dogs on great grounds... What could be better!

Especially any of you "newbies" or anyone with pups... If you are close to Nashville... Get out there and expose your dogs to some fun. No pressure just a good time and plenty of help.

Should be plenty of water this year too, right Cary?
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Bill Davis

Okay dumb question - how can it be the 2nd ANNUAL Jamboree? It hasn't even been a full year since the last one or am I crazy? Okay don't answer the second question...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It's birds and dogs on great grounds... What could be better!

Especially any of you "newbies" or anyone with pups... If you are close to Nashville... Get out there and expose your dogs to some fun. No pressure just a good time and plenty of help.

Should be plenty of water this year too, right Cary?
    ALL the grounds are great. Up at 4am and trained today. Teal pond full, ran on retriever pond today some marks of qual length. Trained at golden pond which is usually dry but give great structure for land marks. Trained yerterday on the bog which is our tech pond and is full. Land across roat just bush hogged in stips. Wide open field that is level, like one of the Grand land tests was at Texarkana. We have over 500 entries for our HRC HT this weekend, 6 finished flights, 2 seasoned flights and one started flight-sure to be the biggest HRC HT ever!.Still, we won't use all our grounds. Still people calling our secretry wanting to get in but the started flight is full. Nashville just next door, home of the Grand old Opry and the Titans. Lots to do so stay over and see what Nashville offers. I am so lucky to have these grounds to train on!! We have our own pavillion on the property.

Contrary to what some may think the 1st Jamboree WAS A GREAT SUCCESS! Thanks Bill you were one of those that made it so. This was and IS a great idea to learn some training ideas and meet some great dog people. No need to sit home and be a skeptic, I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Okay dumb question - how can it be the 2nd ANNUAL Jamboree? It hasn't even been a full year since the last one or am I crazy? Okay don't answer the second question...
    Well let's see. I was 69 when they had the first one and I just turned 70 Aug 11. So since I am a year older and I guess that works for me. And then look on the bright side. If YOU pitch in to host the 3rd Annual Maple Syrup(I hope it comes to be called that) Jamboree, you wil just have more time to make it EVEN BETTER!! How about you come to this one and I WILL come to the one you host.

I think I'll pass...TN is a long haul from CO, not to mention I'm almost out of vacation hours and I'm desperately trying to save enough to go on my annual elk hunting trip! I unfortunately took on more judging assignments than I should have this year.

As for the 3rd annual event, no thanks I chair enough AKC events, don't need to add an RTF event
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I think I'll pass...TN is a long haul from CO, not to mention I'm almost out of vacation hours and I'm desperately trying to save enough to go on my annual elk hunting trip! I unfortunately took on more judging assignments than I should have this year.

As for the 3rd annual event, no thanks I chair enough AKC events, don't need to add an RTF event
    Sorry you can't make it. We will miss you. As for chairing the 3rd Jamboree, your experience would be invaluable and I'm sure greatly appriciated.

Doesn't matter what it's called. All that matters is that it's a great opportunity to make a new friend or two and put some faces to the names you have communicated with here. Give your dog a few marks on some nice grounds and enjoy some camaraderie with fellow retriever folks.

Maybe we should have a separate puppy or beginner setup?

Or maybe a super singles type setup? Just a few thoughts... It's all just for fun anyway...
    Bill Davis

Cary, I'll start your sign up page for you. As you know, I have a judging commitment in KY that weekend. If the Open, finishes on Sat, I'll be at the Jamboree on Sunday. If the Open goes to Sunday, I won't make it.

2ND Training Jamboree Sep 21-22sign up sheet. Reply with quote to add your name to the list.

caryalsobrook (three dogs)

huntinman (Sunday maybe helper only)
    Bill Davis

Well, truthfully, I'd love to come. The distance pretty much makes it impossible for me. If I was lainee, I'd prob go elk hunting as well since that is vacation to me? Hope you all have fun

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"