The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Jamboree Sept 21-22, 2013 Pools Knob Wildlife Management Area LaVergne, Tn

I'm glad the event is picking up steam.

I hope everyone is safe and has fun. All who attended the Spring Jamboree at the Pals property can attest to what a good time that event was. Cary Alsobrook is a kind, considerate, and sincere guy. I'm confident this one will be a great time for all who attends.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    I'm glad the event is picking up steam.

I hope everyone is safe and has fun. All who attended the Spring Jamboree at the Pals property can attest to what a good time that event was. Cary Alsobrook is a kind, considerate, and sincere guy. I'm confident this one will be a great time for all who attends.

Chris
    Thanks Chris for changing the name of the thread for me. Hopefully this will eliminate any confusion or misconception concerning the goals and objectives which are to get people togather who love to train their dogs and meet those of like mind. I for one have to come to realize what a GREAT group of people these are.

Chris, I so look forward to seeing you again at the next event. Hopefully there will be enough advance time for you and the many others who cannot attend due to conflict of schedule.

Thanks again,

Cary
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 09-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    UPDATED..... 2ND Training Jamboree Sep 21-22[/B]sign up sheet. Reply with quote to add your name to the list.

RTF HANDLE. # Dogs/experience level? Attend 1st Jamboree?

caryalsobrook (three dogs). Yes

huntinman (Sunday maybe helper only) Yes

Stretch. (1 black dog) Yes

Duckquilizer (1 HRCH/Almost MH level black dog, also have BB's and a Mini-Z)

roseberry (4 dogs and 1 Frogmore Stew)

Doug and Sheila Nelson. Doug does quite a bit of judgeing and has a new dog that he plans on running derbies. Sheila has a dog that I believe is a MH and has run Quals.

Kelly Eller. He has 3 dogs that are MH's but only 1 that he still runs. He does like to bring the other 2 out just to keep them sharp.

Jewell Huddleston, 1 dog qualified AA. Jewell is 82 but can outwork me, that is for sure.

Buddy Allen, my non-blood brother whose dog I train. Maybe I will LET him run his dog. If he has to work he might not be able to come both days. He is also my cameraman. (Per Cary)

Matt Gassaway is a maybe and has to check with his wife... (Come on Matt, don't make us suspend your Man-card). Or better yet... Bring your wife with you!

List updated above.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    List updated above.
    Thaks Huntinman, you know you have to keep me straight.

Isn't Stan going?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Did I get a pleasant surprise Saturday afternoon. I received in the mail a number of bottles of Ken's Vermont Maple Syrup, along with the orriginal tags made up for the 1st Jamboree. There are two things that so far have started each day. 1. that I woke up alive and 2 that there are so many nice people out there that there are still to meet.

Ken, I remember the days and the home of my Great Aunt who would serve 2 year old country ham, fried eggs cooked in red eye grease and home made busquets covered in maple syrup. How lucky I was to grow up in such a wonderful environment. If I wake up alive enough times, I hope to be able to hook up my camper, load my dogs and head to Vermont and meet face to face. When I lived in NY, I did see part of New England but did not visit Vermont or NH. Hopefully I will make it there someday.

Ken, thanks so much for the gesture. Those who get a bottle of your maple syrup and one of the orriginal tags will surely be grateful.
    Now I am off to train on the grounds I am so lucky to have available to me.

Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Isn't Stan going?

/Paul
    even if unable to make it, he will be on site in a matter of speaking

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    .....tags made up for the 1st Jamboree....
    ..Ken, thanks so much for the gesture.......
    Cary
    you are very welcome Cary. enjoy!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

..Ken, I remember the days and the home of my Great Aunt who would serve 2 year old country ham, fried eggs cooked in red eye grease and home made busquets covered in maple syrup. How lucky I was to grow up in such a wonderful environment.Cary
    while that sounds GREAT!
    warm a bit and pour over the best vanilla ice cream you have in your area.
    if you do, you will not be giving any of the jars away
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    while that sounds GREAT!
    warm a bit and pour over the best vanilla ice cream you have in your area.
    if you do, you will not be giving any of the jars away
    Hm, I will have to try that

Hm, I will have to try that
    Don't do it Cary!. Its completely a trap. Once you do it there is no going back. You'll wake up craving it all time, spend ungodly amounts of money buying the stuff to get rid of the craving, pretty soon you will not leaving the house, stealing from the kids college fund, selling it on the streets, lose your job, house, car, family. You'll end up on the street sleeping behind the Safeway waiting for it to open so you can spend the money you collected picking up pop cans on ice cream. Seriously you think you have it under control...

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"