The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Jamboree Sept 21-22, 2013 Pools Knob Wildlife Management Area LaVergne, Tn

Thanks Paul, I hear you on the elk hunting!
    Bill Davis

2ND Training Jamboree Sep 21-22sign up sheet. Reply with quote to add your name to the list.

caryalsobrook (three dogs)

huntinman (Sunday maybe helper only)

Stretch(1 black dog)
    Last edited by SjSmith; 08-30-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SjSmith View Post
    2ND Training Jamboree Sep 21-22sign up sheet. Reply with quote to add your name to the list.

Stretch(1 black dog)
    Thanks Stretch. Send me a PM as to the level of your dog and what you would like to accomplish. That would be a great help. thanks Bill for starting a list, something I haven't thought about. As I said the 2 most important things to accomplish is everyone to accomplish at least one thing in training and to meet new friends. Since this is a work in progress all input is appreciated so let me know your suggestions.

If this turns out any thing like the first one, I'm going to miss out on a lot. Any one new to retriever training within driving distance should highly consider going to this. The first one was money well spent. Allas I have a trade show to be at that weekend, not to mention it is the northern opener that weekend also. I always get screwed with work, not enough, or too much. I really wish I could make this. Bill D is a new pup in the plans?

Quote Originally Posted by SjSmith View Post

Stretch(1 black dog)

Duckquilizer (1 HRCH/Almost MH level black dog, also have BB's and a Mini-Z)
    Added me to the list...
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    Added me to the list...
    Thanks Ken. Your help is appreciated. PM will be sent to you to discuss.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that Cary is taking on the challenge of continuing this event to hold the Fall jamboree.

The first event ran extremely smoothly, had incredibly well-maintained beautiful grounds, and consisted of plenty of friendly and supportive people. I regret that I will not personally be present for the Fall event.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Where exactly is this location??
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    Pink Lady

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    I think it is absolutely wonderful that Cary is taking on the challenge of continuing this event to hold the Fall jamboree.

The first event ran extremely smoothly, had incredibly well-maintained beautiful grounds, and consisted of plenty of friendly and supportive people. I regret that I will not personally be present for the Fall event.
    Sorry you can't make it Chris. I was hoping to see that dog you ran last time. Even have plans to have my camcorder to show what can be done with a dog that has not been bred to do what you have taught it. Looking forward to seeing you at the 3rd Jamboree. Until nextime.
    Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    Where exactly is this location??
    Mary, Pools Knob is between LaVergne and Smyrna Tn. about 20 miles south of Nashville. Plenty of motels in both towns as well as Nashville. There is also an RV Park at the dead end of Jones Mill RD where the grounds are located.I don't know whether Jones Mill Rd is in Smyrna or Lavern but will check mapsearch. I do hope you can come and if you have any more questions, you acn PM me if you choose. thanks for asking.

I have edited this post to show that Jones Mill Rd. is in LaVergne off of Fergus Rd.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 08-30-2013 at 06:18 PM.