The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Jamboree Sept 21-22, 2013 Pools Knob Wildlife Management Area LaVergne, Tn

Bill and Cary I cleared my inbox.
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    Bill and Cary I cleared my inbox.
    bill and cary,
    i cleared my inbox too!(that is me pretending i am special and get as many messages as kendall)
    i am going to try to come on sunday!!!!!
    4 dogs, three black, one yellow.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bill and cary,
    i cleared my inbox too!(that is me pretending i am special and get as many messages as kendall)
    i am going to try to come on sunday!!!!!
    4 dogs, three black, one yellow.
    Hope you can come John and glad you cleared your mailbox But keep a watch on it, I may fill it up again. PM on way.

UPDATED..... 2ND Training Jamboree Sep 21-22[/B]sign up sheet. Reply with quote to add your name to the list.

RTF HANDLE. # Dogs/experience level? Attend 1st Jamboree?

caryalsobrook (three dogs). Yes

huntinman (Sunday maybe helper only) Yes

Stretch. (1 black dog) Yes

Duckquilizer (1 HRCH/Almost MH level black dog, also have BB's and a Mini-Z)

roseberry (4 dogs and 1 Frogmore Stew)
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    UPDATED..... 2ND Training Jamboree Sep 21-22[/B]sign up sheet. Reply with quote to add your name to the list.

Thanks Bill. Up, showered dressed and coffee making at 3:30AM. Big HT at the Knob this weekend. 500+ entries and I have to help some and run my dogs. Best part is to see so many friends. Am in Flight D and will be marshalling so say hello if you are out there.

Cary

Default Jamboree

Busy weekend at our HT but did pick up some more people who will be at the Jamboree. Will post their names when I am organized.

My non-blood brother whose dog I train, was able to come and video the dogs I ran. First thing I saw was that I sent his dog on the memory birds MUCH quicker than my normal routine. Having video while you run can be a great help is showing you things you might not realize you are doing. As long as my batteries last, I hope to video especially those handlers that are just beginning. Shuld be a good way to help them prevent some mistakes.

I do think things are shaping up and when I get organized, I will ty to get some names of those who are coming but don't get on RTF( there are some Chris)

Duckqulizer and I plan on training togather this weekend and we will try to plan the setups we might use. I said this will happen and it will. The only question is how many want to take advantage of it, so if you haven't already made plans, come on, I don't think you will regret it.

I wish I could Cary but the farm won't let me. Good luck hope it works out as well as the last one.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Cary I would love to come down to Poole's Knob but that weekend I will be judging at Mid South over in Bruce,MS. Hope you have a good turn out and a GREAT time.... Otey
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Sorry you can't make it Duck and Otey. I know it is hard on such short notice. There are some here that will come if their schedules will let them One judges like Otey and will let me know probably today. Another will come from Miss. if both he and his wife can. Strangely, it seems that most coming are experienced trainers and so far not many beginning trainers. I do believe this is the type thing that would help them the most. Duckquilizer and I plan on training at the know this weekend but I was just reminded that there will be a fish fry at my house Sat. Maybee we can train that day and he and his wife will come to the fishfry. I would love to have them.

trained this morning and dogs did OK. Will do some drills here tomorrow. Dogs are not quite carrying the casts as I would like.

So if anybody else would like to come just let me know. We will have plenty of birds and equipment to set up some good marks and blinds both on land and water.

Cary

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

Ok Bill, here are a few that are coming that don't get on RTF.

Doug and Sheila Nelson. Doug does quite a bit of judgeing and has a new dog that he plans on running derbies. Sheila has a dog that I believe is a MH and has run Quals.

Kelly Eller. He has 3 dogs that are MH's but only 1 that he still runs. He does like to bring the other 2 out just to keep them sharp.

Jewell Huddleston, 1 dog qualified AA. Jewell is 82 but can outwork me, that is for sure.

Buddy Allen, my non-blood brother whose dog I train. May I will LET him run his dog. If he has to work he might not be able to come both days. He is also my cameraman.

Matt Gassaway is a maybe and has to check with his wife. So he is still a maybe.

Bill, could you consolidate the list for me?