The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loyall

Default Loyall

Anyone out there using Loyall dog food and if so which formula and what's your opinion?

Thanks

In about two weeks I'm going to start the transition to Loyall Professional 31-20. Switching from PPP. I spoke to the rep when I was at the feed store and I have high hopes.
    Cut 'em

I've been feeding Professional for a yr and half. Never had any issues and I've been pleased.

my adult dogs have been on loyal 31-20 for six months. i have not tried the puppy, my pup is on euk lbp.

my dogs look good, seem to feel good, stools not as consistent as with euk.(two dogs nice and firm, one a little mushy....yuk!). at my feed store the 11th bag is free and they keep up with the "punch card". i was a little down that they switched from a 50 lb to a 40 lb bag. they did lower the bag price so the price per pound stayed the same.(but my "free bag" was a 40 not a 50! lol) if you include the "free 11th bag" in total pounds and multiplying cost per bag by the ten you pay for and divide.....my cost per pound is ~ .71.

however, i have not won a national yet. in order to win one i will be switching to PPP when this batch runs out!!!!!
    john mccallie

Have been feeding it for a few years and my dogs do awesome on it. Good output, awesome coats, and decent price.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Have been feeding the Active Adult, for over a year, and the dogs love it, coats look like a million bucks, a ton of energy and recovery time is good, and the stools are once a day, and consistent. Great price also and easy to find here.
    Last edited by BAYDOG; 09-01-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

Loyall's web page for their professional 31-20 formula has a silver lab on it. Or is it a weimaraner?

http://www.loyallpetfood.com/loyall/...onal/index.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by copenhawgen View Post
    Loyall's web page for their professional 31-20 formula has a silver lab on it. Or is it a weimaraner?

http://www.loyallpetfood.com/loyall/...onal/index.jsp
    Its a Weim.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

switched from PPP to the professional back in april and the dog is loving it actually had to drop down to 2cups a day because the pup was putting on weight (only run once a day) but the talking to a pro that feeds loyall he only feeds 3 cups a day for his labs and they run alot more than mine does. but her coat looks awesome everyone that sees her comments on how good her coat looks and feels. energy levels are out the roof (never saw her like this when she was on PPP) and the cost doesnt hurt either. also less poo is getting thrown over the fence and in to the woods.

I tried feeding it for a while and have switched back to PPP. While on Loyall Professional and even tried stepping down to the less "hot" blend, my dogs would never have solid stools. They all started to have anal gland problems due to that. Their coats looked great, however without solid stools, there are other problems going on.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)