The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Looking for advice on Little Rock Arkansas

Default Looking for advice on Little Rock Arkansas

Maybe taking a job in Little Rock soon and looking for clubs and a head's up on area to live. Would like to be within 30 miles of town near some good hunting areas. I have no idea and looking for some help from locals. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Check your PM
    Deb & John Lenon
    www.mamaslabs.com
    Wildwood, MO
    "In God & Labs We Trust"

in mayflower there is a state owned retriever training pond called pepper's pond in spring the new pond should be finished as well. pin oak HRC is the local club. also have central arkansas retriever club that hosts a field trial in spring usually around searcy area. hunting wise being on a suburb to the east will get you closer to the delta and some of the best duck hunting in the country. i myself live in benton which is on the south west side of little rock. good schools and still within hour-hour and half of good duck hunting. if you are wanting to live in the city stick to west little rock

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    in mayflower there is a state owned retriever training pond called pepper's pond in spring the new pond should be finished as well. pin oak HRC is the local club. also have central arkansas retriever club that hosts a field trial in spring usually around searcy area. hunting wise being on a suburb to the east will get you closer to the delta and some of the best duck hunting in the country. i myself live in benton which is on the south west side of little rock. good schools and still within hour-hour and half of good duck hunting. if you are wanting to live in the city stick to west little rock
    Not looking for the city, just within driving distance (30 miles or so for work). So sounds like east gets me closer to the hunting areas?

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Middle of Michigan n Matagorda TX (no more cause the RV park we stayed in said no to outside dogs.

Check a search in entry express for Ark hunt test/ field trials that will give you sponsoring orgs.
    John C aka jacduck

Do you really want to increase entries at the Junior Hunt Test level? Simply put a limit on entries and everyone will flock to JR and fight over how to get in and what to change to make it fair for all !!!!!

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

If your looking for top notch schools, my brother lives in Greenbriar. I can put you in touch with him if you'd like.
    "Perfection is the enemy of good enough" Vince Stone
    GRHRCH UH Slammers Bullet From Nowhere MH**

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Not looking for the city, just within driving distance (30 miles or so for work). So sounds like east gets me closer to the hunting areas?
    Yea Cabot, beebe, Jacksonville, are the bigger areas to (north)east. Few small towns like Scott and England as well to south east. All close to best hunting areas for ducks. Traffic coming from the east is a lot harsher though if you are a daily commuter. Benton and bryant are on southwest side and closer to deer hunting if that's your fancy. Conway mayflower greenbrier all north west and traffic is pretty bad that way for daily commuters too. Sheridan is to the south and has good deer hunting as well and close to duck hunting but sometimes traffic can be troublesome. I'd stay away from anything along the I-530 corridor. Just too close to pine bluff for me. I live in Benton can be to work downtown in 35 minutes and at the boat ramp at bayou meto in an hour 15 mins.

Also dont know if the matters or not but benton and bryant are dry counties got to go to the county line for liquor. All the others listed are wet.

arkansas is really an HRC state. You have four states in southwest, hurricane in north east, pin oak in central and I think ozark in northwest. No AKC hunt tests only akc club is CARC which I mentioned holds field trials.

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    Yea Cabot, beebe, Jacksonville, are the bigger areas to (north)east. Few small towns like Scott and England as well to south east. All close to best hunting areas for ducks. Traffic coming from the east is a lot harsher though if you are a daily commuter. Benton and bryant are on southwest side and closer to deer hunting if that's your fancy. Conway mayflower greenbrier all north west and traffic is pretty bad that way for daily commuters too. Sheridan is to the south and has good deer hunting as well and close to duck hunting but sometimes traffic can be troublesome. I'd stay away from anything along the I-530 corridor. Just too close to pine bluff for me. I live in Benton can be to work downtown in 35 minutes and at the boat ramp at bayou meto in an hour 15 mins.

Also dont know if the matters or not but benton and bryant are dry counties got to go to the county line for liquor. All the others listed are wet.

arkansas is really an HRC state. You have four states in southwest, hurricane in north east, pin oak in central and I think ozark in northwest. No AKC hunt tests only akc club is CARC which I mentioned holds field trials.
    Thanks this helps, doing some HRC now but more of trial guy. Thanks for the info, this helps