RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Looking for advice on Little Rock Arkansas

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Backwater 
#1 ·
Maybe taking a job in Little Rock soon and looking for clubs and a head's up on area to live. Would like to be within 30 miles of town near some good hunting areas. I have no idea and looking for some help from locals. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

#3 ·
in mayflower there is a state owned retriever training pond called pepper's pond in spring the new pond should be finished as well. pin oak HRC is the local club. also have central arkansas retriever club that hosts a field trial in spring usually around searcy area. hunting wise being on a suburb to the east will get you closer to the delta and some of the best duck hunting in the country. i myself live in benton which is on the south west side of little rock. good schools and still within hour-hour and half of good duck hunting. if you are wanting to live in the city stick to west little rock

#4 ·
Not looking for the city, just within driving distance (30 miles or so for work). So sounds like east gets me closer to the hunting areas?

#7 ·
Yea Cabot, beebe, Jacksonville, are the bigger areas to (north)east. Few small towns like Scott and England as well to south east. All close to best hunting areas for ducks. Traffic coming from the east is a lot harsher though if you are a daily commuter. Benton and bryant are on southwest side and closer to deer hunting if that's your fancy. Conway mayflower greenbrier all north west and traffic is pretty bad that way for daily commuters too. Sheridan is to the south and has good deer hunting as well and close to duck hunting but sometimes traffic can be troublesome. I'd stay away from anything along the I-530 corridor. Just too close to pine bluff for me. I live in Benton can be to work downtown in 35 minutes and at the boat ramp at bayou meto in an hour 15 mins.

Also dont know if the matters or not but benton and bryant are dry counties got to go to the county line for liquor. All the others listed are wet.

arkansas is really an HRC state. You have four states in southwest, hurricane in north east, pin oak in central and I think ozark in northwest. No AKC hunt tests only akc club is CARC which I mentioned holds field trials.

#8 ·
Yea Cabot, beebe, Jacksonville, are the bigger areas to (north)east. Few small towns like Scott and England as well to south east. All close to best hunting areas for ducks. Traffic coming from the east is a lot harsher though if you are a daily commuter. Benton and bryant are on southwest side and closer to deer hunting if that's your fancy. Conway mayflower greenbrier all north west and traffic is pretty bad that way for daily commuters too. Sheridan is to the south and has good deer hunting as well and close to duck hunting but sometimes traffic can be troublesome. I'd stay away from anything along the I-530 corridor. Just too close to pine bluff for me. I live in Benton can be to work downtown in 35 minutes and at the boat ramp at bayou meto in an hour 15 mins.

Also dont know if the matters or not but benton and bryant are dry counties got to go to the county line for liquor. All the others listed are wet.

arkansas is really an HRC state. You have four states in southwest, hurricane in north east, pin oak in central and I think ozark in northwest. No AKC hunt tests only akc club is CARC which I mentioned holds field trials.
Thanks this helps, doing some HRC now but more of trial guy. Thanks for the info, this helps

#5 ·
Check a search in entry express for Ark hunt test/ field trials that will give you sponsoring orgs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.