The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field trial etiquette! a.k.a. How my corneas got burned! GDG

Wink Field trial etiquette! a.k.a. How my corneas got burned! GDG

Lately, I have been noticing that certain males of an older generation forget their field trial etiquette!!!

At one filed trial, I was marshaling, and a well-known field trailer had his leg up on his rearview mirror. As I was approaching the truck, my corneas began to burn as this older gentleman was not wearing underwear! I told him to get his leg off of the mirror as no one wanted to see his old junk, and this was a family sport.

Then, at a recent field trial, I turn around as I'm airing my dog and I see another old well-known field trialer changing his pants in front of God and everybody. I really didn't want to see his old behind in his tightly Whiteys. He really needs to invest in some new ones.

Or the guy who walks to his truck and pees on his tire, but doesn't open the car door?

What happened to the good old days, when guys or gals would go behind the truck open two car doors and set up an umbrella?

Admittedly, I must say, if the offenders were much younger, I might not be complaining! ( is there a circuit like this?) But, my eyes are really hurting this morning!
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

The younger crowd runs the hunt test circuit....
    The dog will always prove you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Lately, I have been noticing that certain males of an older generation forget their field trial etiquette!!!

At one filed trial, I was marshaling, and a well-known field trailer had his leg up on his rearview mirror. As I was approaching the truck, my corneas began to burn as this older gentleman was not wearing underwear! I told him to get his leg off of the mirror as no one wanted to see his old junk, and this was a family sport.

Then, at a recent field trial, I turn around as I'm airing my dog and I see another old well-known field trialer changing his pants in front of God and everybody. I really didn't want to see his old behind in his tightly Whiteys. He really needs to invest in some new ones.

Or the guy who walks to his truck and pees on his tire, but doesn't open the car door?

What happened to the good old days, when guys or gals would go behind the truck open two car doors and set up an umbrella?

Admittedly, I must say, if the offenders were much younger, I might not be complaining! ( is there a circuit like this?) But, my eyes are really hurting this morning!
    I`m laughing my butt off right now.People were saying the same thing 40 yrs ago..Oh the tailgate parties back then......Jim
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

just be glad none of those old timers has one of these hanging off his rear:
    http://www.bumperdumper.com/
    Erik B.

With the reference to whitey tighties, I'm relieved it couldn't have been me..........

Now Susan, in fairness, their are a couple of older WI women (& I think you probably know who) who are less than bashful about where they go to the bathroom & in front of whom too........
    David Didier, GA

Trust me, no one wants to see "young Junk' Either! Crude is Crude at any age!

A lot of the older folk have lost their breeding rights & are just happy to have water rights . Sort of like growing a shed to keep your tool out of the rain, eliminating the need for indiscriminate use to keep said tool polished. The late John Lundy used to say if your test was interesting enough you could relieve yourself without taking a break & no one would notice.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    With the reference to whitey tighties, I'm relieved it couldn't have been me..........

Now Susan, in fairness, their are a couple of older WI women (& I think you probably know who) who are less than bashful about where they go to the bathroom & in front of whom too........
    I thought of the one with the cup, but the state is wrong....
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Thought this might be appropriate ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (13.7 KB, 20 views)

I thought of the one with the cup, but the state is wrong....
    She isn't from WI?
    David Didier, GA