RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

New Rule for JH ? NO collar at all

18K views 61 replies 32 participants last post by  Pupknuckle 
#1 ·
The judges this weekend said that there is a new rule in JH . YOU CANNOT come to line on a flat buckle collar anymore, but can loop a lead and hold both ends. Does anyone have to official verbage to this new rule?

#36 ·
The judges should be reported to the akc judge police.

#37 ·
I just can't believe this. Could they have been pulling everyone's leg? Maybe to give the next day's judges something special to deal with?

Dirty trick, if so--Junior has enough nerves and drama.

Plus, someone's going to be playing mind games on RTF for years to come...

#38 ·
There was no JH the next day. The same judges were the SH judges on Sun

#40 ·
Plus, someone's going to be playing mind games on RTF for years to come...
They wouldn't.

:twisted: :twisted:

#44 ·
I judge JH and SH an keep up with rule changes and have not seen or heard of this rule change. I don't believe this is a rule change. I would have gotten Hunt Test Committee involve as soon as I heard the this. Because they can call AKC Rep for their area anytime Monday-Sunday.

#45 ·
Every one seems to forget it is ultimately up to the club, it's members and most directly the Hunt Committee to ensure that the judges comply with the AKC rules and safety.

From the regulations and Guidelines for AKC Hunting Tests for Retrievers;

Section 14. Hunting Test Committee. A club that has been granted permission by The American Kennel Club to hold a licensed or member Hunting Test shall appoint a Hunting Test Committee which will have com- plete responsibility for the planning and conducting of the event. The Committee shall be comprised of at least five members of the club and may include the Hunting Test Secretary, but the Hunting Test Secretary shall not be designated as the Hunting Test Committee Chairman. A majority of the Hunting Test Committee must be pres- ent during an AKC-licensed or member club Hunting Test. In the event of absence of Hunting Test Committee Members, the Chairman or an officiating officer shall appoint sufficient Committee Members in order to insure compliance with this Section.
The Hunting Test Committee and Hunting Test Secretary shall be held responsible for compliance with all of the applicable Rules and Regulations for Hunting Tests, except those coming under the sole jurisdiction of the Judges, and must provide themselves with copies of the latest editions of these books.

#46 ·
She just said it, there was no junior at that test on Sunday and the judges were making a joke because the next day they were judging senior so no collar would be allowed........

#47 · (Edited)
OOOooo burn! They made that one stick for 3 days!!! Who were those judges? Kim, we need to get them. That beats the party favor kazoo goose call I saw last weekend. And all this time, I thought yankees didn't have sense of humor.

#48 ·
WELL ......I suppose that is possible...I will take my lumps.;-)..uh , yea Thanks Tim! I would swear that these judges were not kidding though, THEY could have been wrong though...

#51 ·
NOPE sorry Pam ....I was at LRC. HT/FT Elkton , Md............. JH,SH and derby

#52 ·
But this is getting everyone in a dither!! Maybe I should come up with something better next time...

#54 ·
Sorry, Bridget, I was trying to be funny (the whole "punked" thing.) What I was really doing was trying to see who the judges were... searched on your name and didn't come up with anything. Still doesn't come up, but I found it searching for AKC hunt tests in MD on the weekend in question. Maybe that kind of info just doesn't show up until the results are finalized...

Hey, you got 6 pages out of it!!! :)

#55 ·
Got an answer from Lisa at AKC.org via email.....
"Nothing has changed in relation to collars for JH dogs."

There ya go! I was punked !! Sh!t I hate it when that happens!!!

#56 ·
I was at a Junior test a year ago when two judges who clearly didn't know the rules told handlers all the dogs HAD to be brought to the line on a slip lead. Slip leads are disallowed in Junior. That said, I don't get why they're disallowed but the rule is the rule and most there didn't have slip leads so they had to loop their leads through the handles to make them.

#57 ·
My co-judge and I hooked a boatload of JH folks after pulling a rulebook out during our 1st series scenario to confirm that everyone was aware of the just-released Supplement which allowed us the discretion to include ".... a junior land or water blind not to exceed 50 yds". Someone had conveniently left a piece of orange tape out in the middle of the field away from our marks which only further sucker-ized most in the crowd. Jaws dropped (pro's and ams), mumbles ensued. Our point, we soon explained since we could barely keep a straight face, was to Know Thy Rulebook! Don't be afraid to ask questions or call bs!

I can assure you that if I'm ever in a judging situation where a significant rules change was just then being "announced", I'll be packing written proof.

#60 ·
Depends on whom you are planning to choke, and whether there is a quiet back road to dump the body.

#62 ·
Bridget was at FLRC HT this weekend. I know she was entered because I judged her in Senior. There was a double Junior and Double Senior. She did not run under me Sunday. I guess she had enough of me on Saturday?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.