The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What decoys do you prefer?

Default What decoys do you prefer?

I'm new to this whole goose hunting over decoys thing and I am looking for people's input on what brand of decoys to purchase. I have looked at Bigfoot, Hardcore, and Greenhead Gear. Anyone prefer these or something else?

i like the avianx goose decoys and the new ones are even better than the older ones (round bases) the new ones have a square base that slides back into the decoy so it can be layed on just about any ground and still be steady and i like a base over a steak or the real feet if you are hunting in places that have alot of soft mud.

Real geese II silos. I like to play the numbers game from time to time and it gives me the option set up a big spread with minimal storage for dekes
    We run them from Sept to the end of Feb.
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

Quote Originally Posted by amretrievers View Post
    I'm new to this whole goose hunting over decoys thing and I am looking for people's input on what brand of decoys to purchase. I have looked at Bigfoot, Hardcore, and Greenhead Gear. Anyone prefer these or something else?
    Just got a shipment of Dakota lifesize fullbody geese with the new EVA plastic.....these things are like small bigfoots which are also great dekes.I think they are gonna be the real deal.Verdict is out yet on the HC`s as the company has changed ownership and they are the only deke out there with a gaurentee.

As far as ducks,we have Toledo`s,GHG,Flabouys,GH,and the Tanglefree pro series.They all have their place but I am really liking the Tanglefree`s
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

I have GHG full bodies, shells, and floaters. Love them all. Look great. I am going to purchase some of the Real Geese II silos, though, to increase numbers easier.
    -Barton Ramsey

G&H decoys, they might not be the prettiest decoy but they will last forever.
    Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

"War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it"
    www.freedomhunters.org

I'm using Final Approach full bodies and shells, and Real Geese II silo's. So far I really like them.
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Anyone that says GHG decoys will last forever hasn't hunted much. The only tried and true full body goose decoy out there that'll really stand the test of time is the bigfoot and not the newer BII's which are smaller and made of a different plastic. Supposedly the new Dakota's are now using the same color molding with the flexible plastic but time will tell on those. Original Dakota's are pretty sturdy but the paint still rubbed off them unless you were bagging them constantly but less wore off than GHG's. There's a new company going to be making some decoys that are using the same molded in colors and the flexible plastic called DOA's but they're not shipping yet.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFeeken View Post
    Anyone that says GHG decoys will last forever hasn't hunted much. The only tried and true full body goose decoy out there that'll really stand the test of time is the bigfoot and not the newer BII's which are smaller and made of a different plastic. Supposedly the new Dakota's are now using the same color molding with the flexible plastic but time will tell on those. Original Dakota's are pretty sturdy but the paint still rubbed off them unless you were bagging them constantly but less wore off than GHG's. There's a new company going to be making some decoys that are using the same molded in colors and the flexible plastic called DOA's but they're not shipping yet.
    My DOA`s were shipped today.....gonna try a couple dozen.Like the looks..but time will tell. Jim
    Jim Weitzel
    Proud member of Ole Roy prostaff

Bigfoot. They last with some serious abuse, throwing them in the back of a pick up or tossed into a trailer. They also stay standing in harsh weather. We mix our spreads with the originals and the B2s to add some contrast and to save a little money.
    Cut 'em