The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: First teal......

Default First teal......

Well I finally got my first teal. I killed 2 (should of killed my limit, suckers are quick) but it was nice to finally knock a bird down for Sarge and for him to be able to mark it and make the retrieve. Fun little night except for the amount of mosquito bites I have all over me. I'm gonna get back after them Thursday and Sunday when this cold front is supposed to push thru and hopefully knock a few more down for him.

Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)

Good Job!
    Yes they are very fast.
    and duck hunting and swating skeeters at the same time.... hate it!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I wish we had an early teal season, they were buzzing around us all weekend.
    Once Sarge understands you are missing birds he should be retrieving he'll start giving you the stink eye. Yeah I know that from my own experience with to many misses with the old lab I have now! Good shooting

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
    I wish we had an early teal season, they were buzzing around us all weekend.
    Once Sarge understands you are missing birds he should be retrieving he'll start giving you the stink eye. Yeah I know that from my own experience with to many misses with the old lab I have now! Good shooting

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Oh yea.... Already happening. I only saw the one teal drop in the dekes that I shot and didn't see the second one. Fire my two other shots at it and missed, only to turn around and see him looking at me going.... "Really, you missed"
    Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)