The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tritronics Influentials Club

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i was unaware that my loyalty to "jack daniels" stemmed subliminally from a patch on a bull rider's shirt. i am going back to the much more afordable "golden cadillac"!

btw, i lost my treasured and ancient pro 500 xls transmitter last week. i intend to go back with another tt because of my respect for both the posters on this thread who are tt influential members and the other doofuses i train with who are in the tti program!
    sorry for your loss john......i still have my xls dont throw those collars away
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Huh? I don't recall saying any statement that shows that the company didn't want web traffic. Just inaccuracies about the TT Influentials program. But as any of us know who have worked in marketing, anytime a product is talked about positive or negative, it is marketing. TT Really hasn't let anyone know too much about how the influentials program has changed. Since I am part of that program I think I can stay that state that with good certainty. The last communication I received was from someone from Garmin who was updating that the email addresses of the people in the program. Prior to that it was a change in the discount program. And as people have already mentioned, discounts to influential members have been cut. My point was, since they obviously monitor the site, they certainly could have a representative jump on and clear up any inaccuracies. Our perhaps market a new collar that they come out with. Since there are people on RTF who routinely promote there wares without paying for it, I would welcome a vendor who actually pays for advertising as a sponsor to actually say something.
    Whatever ...

I'm wearing the TT Influentials shirt tomorrow at the demo. But ....I'm putting a "bite suit" over top. I'm getting bit by a K9 Deputy Sherrif's Belgian Malanois right after the demo. (assisting in the K9 demo)

You're welcome to come down and wear the suit if you'd like....

For me, it's a bucket list thing. I have trained dogs in organized stuff since the 70's. I've never been bit (or is it bitten?) by a powerful K9 trained to bite. I want to see what it is like to be a decoy for a K9 used for swat team duty.

Who knows? I may not be typing so well in 24 hours!

I'm actually thinking of customizing my white shirt for tomorrow's event using a marker and writing a caption.

The caption: "BITE ME!"

Have fun and be happy..... Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Whatever ...
    uh Chris........ Bite Me!! .
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i was unaware that my loyalty to "jack daniels" stemmed subliminally from a patch on a bull rider's shirt. i am going back to the much more afordable "golden cadillac"!

btw, i lost my treasured and ancient pro 500 xls transmitter last week. i intend to go back with another tt because of my respect for both the posters on this thread who are tt influential members and the other doofuses i train with who are in the tti program!
    By your logic then, TT is wasting their money by supporting this website and they should not help Chris pay the bills.

I guess I'm missing out, I'm not a member. Not sure what the requirement is for qualification but I wouldn't think that it would be much of a requirement. I know a guy that sent his dog to a pro for training, the pro ran the dog and titled the dog. I'm not even sure this TTI club member has even trained a dog BUT he does have a TT jacket with his name and a fictituous kennel name on it! I guess he thinks that it impresses someone? Maybe it does.

FYI, I do use TT collars and really like them.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    By your logic then, TT is wasting their money by supporting this website and they should not help Chris pay the bills.
    Paul, are you putting logic and John in the same post? He tries hard to keep that from happening... Knock it off.
    Bill Davis

IMG_0200.jpg

I got bit! It was fun! The retriever folks all use TriTronics. The k9 foks also use TriTronics.

We got pics but had to promise not to post publicly. (The above pic was taken after we got home. I wound up putting the caption on a Waterfowl USA tshirt rather than my long sleeve white TriTronics shirt. I wore the TT shirt through the whole retriever demo, then wore the t-shirt when the cops started.)
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    I got bit! It was fun! The retriever folks all use TriTronics. The k9 foks also use TriTronics.

We got pics but had to promise not to post publicly.
    How much could you feel through the padding?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    How much could you feel through the padding?
    IT was really great! I could not feel much through the padding - here's why: The bite suit is pretty roomy. One of the officers came up and put his hands around my forearms and said

"You're lucky. You've got pretty skinny arms. You will be able to roll your arm away from the bite so he only gets fabric and padding and no skin."

That's exactly how it went. I was able to roll my arm away from the bite after he got me. I also learned they have a "safe word". They WANT you as the decoy to yell, scream, spin, fight, twist.... But if you say the safe word, they will call the dog off immediately.

I never yelled the safe word. It was very cool.

I have to disclaim that this was a controlled bite. The dog was on lead. There have been uncontrolled bites where the decoy gets hit so hard, he goes down and comes up with a dislocated shoulder! It was all good.

That's cool. The county sheriff brings their Belgian Malanois to our school for a demo every spring. It's fun to watch any dog do what it is trained to do.
    DUCKDAWG'S MAC'S MAGICAL MR. OCTOBER JH -- Reggie