RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritronics Influentials Club

20K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  duk4me 
#1 ·
Is the TT Influentials Club still viable? I haven't rec'd any notice to order my free stuff recently.

#3 ·
I didn't get any sort of notice, but know about when it is time to order my free stuff. Got it all quite quickly after filling out the online form.

#4 ·
Thx. I just placed my order. The questionnaire was tough to complete as I would type and the letters would all run together with no editing possible

#7 ·
Two shirts and a jacket.

#8 ·
I find it interesting how people view things. The ic club started out with the intent that both parties mutually benefitted from the arrangement. Now it just a way to get "free stuff." A better question would be, what did I do to earn representing this company?

/Paul

#10 · (Edited)
Good point /Paul .... I know for my part I sell 15-20 Tritronics collars a year .....do ecollar obedience , train the trainer etc... and participate in hunt tests. It is a shame the TTIC is not more of a Pro Staff type of thing...THat people who really sell and know the product were the people that are "Influential" I do know they asked more follow up questions this year...maybe they are tightening the criteria

#11 ·
Wayne, I think you should delete this thread because the TTI Club is not about getting free shirts. You are sending out the wrong message and probably increasing the traffic to TT's website which causes them a lot of grief is what I'm told.

#13 ·
Wayne, I think you should delete this thread because the TTI Club is not about getting free shirts. You are sending out the wrong message and probably increasing the traffic to TT's website which causes them a lot of grief is what I'm told.
This is inaccurate.

TT loves the exposure and the traffic generated by their banner here, as well as dialogue about them and their products. TT does not like it when people post misinformation which generates numerous Influentials Club applications by unqualified applicants who will be turned down.

I believe the Influentials Club is predominantly occupied by professional folks who clearly understand the mutual benefit of the program.

I am a member myself and will be conducting a retriever demo at a local park on Saturday. I will proudly wear a white TT Influentials shirt at that event.

http://herald-review.com/lifestyles...cle_ef0266b4-14e0-11e3-b75a-0019bb2963f4.html

#12 ·
NO kiddin! Training a couple of dogs , or using a Tritronics should not get you "In the club"!!!

#14 ·
Nothing I've ever posted was inaccurate or misinformation if that is what you are suggesting. I friend of mine and a few guys on RTF got their shirts because of the deleted thread. Demos are fun. The Washington Waterfowl Assoc. invited me to do a demo recently and I was invited to do a retriever demo with a Professional pointer trainer who has won the Am National with a GSP at the State fair two years ago. That was fun. Put his GSP on point and sent in the Chessie for the flush and retrieve. Brought out a little girl from the crowd and taught her how to handle a dog. You'll have a great time if you've never done one before.

#15 ·
No matter the tone and non sense of typical conversations on RTF I still always recommend TT to the clients who come to the kennel and I chat with daily for pointer training. Got many of them away from the un reliable crap cheapo collars.

#16 ·
"unqualified applicants" is an interesting term and the elusive question that folks I've spoken with wonder about. What makes you qualified? Have a MH title? Own a kennel? Be a Professional? What are the pelts needed to have a shirt with your name on it?

#20 ·
Interesting that several commented on the use of the word "free" since that is the word used on the TTIC website. "Free personalized clothing"

#28 ·
I was a liquor broker in a previous life. I managed 176 brands in the Seagram Family and JD group. I had a storage unit which was filled monthly with promotional items. When our quarterly budget meetings came around I always begged for less spending on wearables and more point of sale items which were nice and could be better utilized by our customers to create a better image and brand visibility. In my opinion, distributing shirts did little to nothing to improve the sales long term. Sponsoring events, getting the top cowboys a jack Daniels in their hand and a sponsor patch on their back did a lot. Not to mention those folks heavily involved in the sport became fiercely loyal to the folks who supported their rodeo.

#30 ·
, getting the top cowboys a jack Daniels in their hand and a sponsor patch on their back did a lot.
i was unaware that my loyalty to "jack daniels" stemmed subliminally from a patch on a bull rider's shirt. i am going back to the much more afordable "golden cadillac"!;-)

btw, i lost my treasured and ancient pro 500 xls transmitter last week. i intend to go back with another tt because of my respect for both the posters on this thread who are tt influential members and the other doofuses i train with who are in the tti program!;-)

#35 ·
I guess I'm missing out, I'm not a member. Not sure what the requirement is for qualification but I wouldn't think that it would be much of a requirement. I know a guy that sent his dog to a pro for training, the pro ran the dog and titled the dog. I'm not even sure this TTI club member has even trained a dog BUT he does have a TT jacket with his name and a fictituous kennel name on it! I guess he thinks that it impresses someone? Maybe it does.

FYI, I do use TT collars and really like them.

Lonnie Spann

#37 ·
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

I got bit! It was fun! The retriever folks all use TriTronics. The k9 foks also use TriTronics.

We got pics but had to promise not to post publicly. (The above pic was taken after we got home. I wound up putting the caption on a Waterfowl USA tshirt rather than my long sleeve white TriTronics shirt. I wore the TT shirt through the whole retriever demo, then wore the t-shirt when the cops started.)

#41 ·
I agree totally!

What's also fun, really fun, for me - is to talk about training methods to get the dog to do what he does.

Today, we had a City Police officer and a County Deputy Sherrif both. One handled the dog, the other spoke, and we had a couple assistants do their thing.

The speaker spent a good bit of time discussing HOW they train the dog to do what they do. What was so darn cool to me, was how they break it all down into such basic, simple elements that are so elementary they are brilliant! Then they take those elements and chain them together. It is just like the way we train a dog to handle or other things in our game!

It is really amazing.

The more I'm around this stuff, the more I realize that a good dog person is a good dog person.

I agree.

I remember a time when I was phase 2 when I did not respect things like agility. Now I am fascinated by how anyone trains a dog to do anything. For example: Weave pole. That zigzag pattern among a row of white PVC pipes.... It is amazing how they teach dogs to do that.

How to teach a dog to follow a scent trail to catch a bad guy. So elementary, it is brilliant!

Another cool thing. There is frequently method A, B, or C. One thing I'm learning is to not BASH B or C if you do A. Why? Because one day, you may have a dog who requires one of the other methods. Why else? Because usually, no matter how big, how bad, how awesome you are, there is someone else who is bigger and badder. And sometimes they got there using method B or C.

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did!

It's all good.

Chris

#43 · (Edited)
A kid I strung up on the chin up bar with the weight lifting belts In high school in my home town is a k-9 handler. Sort of sucks going back to Monroe with the kid on patrol. Growing up sucks when the kid has a dog that ranked in the top 5 in the world at the British Columbia World police dog meet.

#45 ·
We had to promise not to post video on social media or other public sites of the demo. All I can tell you is that I would NOT want to get bit by one of these dogs without the bite suit on.

I literally spun this dog in circles as he hung on to my arm. He was not letting go until he was told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.