The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tritronics Influentials Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Plesko View Post
    Would that make you feel more special?

It's marketing and thats all it is.
    I DO NOT need to feel more special . To me, I should be doing something for the company ,IE promoting the product, understanding the product and yes , selling the product and the company should give you a little discount and let
    you wear logo apparel that gives a person a little credibility . Yes, of course it is advertising ....for both parties.
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    This is inaccurate.

TT loves the exposure and the traffic generated by their banner here, as well as dialogue about them and their products. TT does not like it when people post misinformation which generates numerous Influentials Club applications by unqualified applicants who will be turned down.

I believe the Influentials Club is predominantly occupied by professional folks who clearly understand the mutual benefit of the program.

I am a member myself and will be conducting a retriever demo at a local park on Saturday. I will proudly wear a white TT Influentials shirt at that event.

http://herald-review.com/lifestyles/...9bb2963f4.html

It would be great that if there were inaccuracies being stated that a representative of TT actually got on retriever training forum and explained the inaccuracies. They could do it in such a way that would be professional and positive, And gain exposure for their products. It would be nice to have actual vendor feedback and contact.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

I've been in the program so long and it's changed so much with no communication from them I really can't comment. I just continue to promote what I believe is the best collar out there and advocate for proper training

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    It would be great that if there were inaccuracies being stated that a representative of TT actually got on retriever training forum and explained the inaccuracies. They could do it in such a way that would be professional and positive, And gain exposure for their products. It would be nice to have actual vendor feedback and contact.
    The inaccuracy I was pointing out was the claim that they don't desire web traffic. That, of course, is inaccurate. The whole reason they have a banner on this website is to drive traffic.

TriTronics is far from the only sponsor on RTF who is generally uninvolved in daily dialogue on the discussion boards. That is their option. The two rows of banners across the top of the forum consist of sponsors who choose to generally not participate in daily dialogue on RTF.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

The inaccuracy I was pointing out was the claim that they don't desire web traffic. That, of course, is inaccurate. The whole reason they have a banner on this website is to drive traffic.

TriTronics is far from the only sponsor on RTF who is generally uninvolved in daily dialogue on the discussion boards. That is their option. The two rows of banners across the top of the forum consist of sponsors who choose to generally not participate in daily dialogue on RTF.
    They participate by paying for their "real estate" on the forum. Glad they are here... All of them.

More who hawk their wares on the forum should consider it.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Bodine View Post
    I DO NOT need to feel more special . To me, I should be doing something for the company ,IE promoting the product, understanding the product and yes , selling the product and the company should give you a little discount and let
    you wear logo apparel that gives a person a little credibility . Yes, of course it is advertising ....for both parties.
    It's just Marketing their products. YOU want it to bestow some sort of credibility. Some Specialness. THEY seem less concerned about that. Apparently they have their qualifications, and if one meets them you can be "Influential". For the cost of a few shirts, they get advertising. They set the level of that bar, whether you believe those that meet those qualifications are "worthy" or not.

I've heard that if one owns Chessies and lives in the top of a barn, those qualifications are moot and you are not allowed to be Influential.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    They participate by paying for their "real estate" on the forum. Glad they are here... All of them.

More who hawk their wares on the forum should consider it.
    I buy more from the payers that never say a word ,then I do the sayers that never pay a dime.

I guess I'm a sucker for the pretty flashing banners.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I was a liquor broker in a previous life. I managed 176 brands in the Seagram Family and JD group. I had a storage unit which was filled monthly with promotional items. When our quarterly budget meetings came around I always begged for less spending on wearables and more point of sale items which were nice and could be better utilized by our customers to create a better image and brand visibility. In my opinion, distributing shirts did little to nothing to improve the sales long term. Sponsoring events, getting the top cowboys a jack Daniels in their hand and a sponsor patch on their back did a lot. Not to mention those folks heavily involved in the sport became fiercely loyal to the folks who supported their rodeo.

Huh? I don't recall saying any statement that shows that the company didn't want web traffic. Just inaccuracies about the TT Influentials program. But as any of us know who have worked in marketing, anytime a product is talked about positive or negative, it is marketing. TT Really hasn't let anyone know too much about how the influentials program has changed. Since I am part of that program I think I can stay that state that with good certainty. The last communication I received was from someone from Garmin who was updating that the email addresses of the people in the program. Prior to that it was a change in the discount program. And as people have already mentioned, discounts to influential members have been cut. My point was, since they obviously monitor the site, they certainly could have a representative jump on and clear up any inaccuracies. Our perhaps market a new collar that they come out with. Since there are people on RTF who routinely promote there wares without paying for it, I would welcome a vendor who actually pays for advertising as a sponsor to actually say something.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    , getting the top cowboys a jack Daniels in their hand and a sponsor patch on their back did a lot.
    i was unaware that my loyalty to "jack daniels" stemmed subliminally from a patch on a bull rider's shirt. i am going back to the much more afordable "golden cadillac"!

btw, i lost my treasured and ancient pro 500 xls transmitter last week. i intend to go back with another tt because of my respect for both the posters on this thread who are tt influential members and the other doofuses i train with who are in the tti program!
    john mccallie