The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inside dog, Outside

Default Inside dog, Outside

Anybody have a dog that mainly is an inside dog but make it sleep outside every now and then?

my dog sleeps outside every night but is a guest inside while we are home? I don't like the amount of hair of him being inside, and I don't like dealing with him sleeping inside. What is your inquiry?
    Daren Galloway

Just wondering what other people are doing. I make mine sleep outside every now and then so he stays kind of use to it, in case we are out of town or something and I have somebody come by and let him out and feed him. He is only 6 months old and he has become very clingy and dependent so I let him stay outside sometimes to remind him that he is a dog and perfectly capable of being away from me for a few hours every now and then.

My females rotate out when they are in heat. I don't think they mind as much as we think they do.

^^^ thats what im trying to tell my wife. I have this dog I am trying to make a blood thirsty duck assassin and she is treating him like he is a baby. I think it's good for um every now and then

Mine lays by the door and wines like a baby all night.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
    ^^^ thats what im trying to tell my wife. I have this dog I am trying to make a blood thirsty duck assassin and she is treating him like he is a baby. I think it's good for um every now and then
    That dog will become a blood thirsty duck assassin whether that dog is in the house or not.....They know that the poker face is on when times come in the field. You want balance....Let the wif enjoy your dog.
    My penny worth.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGatley View Post
    That dog will become a blood thirsty duck assassin whether that dog is in the house or not.....They know that the poker face is on when times come in the field. You want balance....Let the wif enjoy your dog.
    My penny worth.
    Listen to this. My dog would jump out of the bed or his mother's lap to run slap over whoever or whatever was between him and a bird.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

No.
    Only time he and the rats, and cat stay outside is if the temperature permit it during the day while we are at work.
    If we go anywhere, he goes with, or stays in the house when we take short trips to town.
    If we must stay out a day or two, the neighbor lets em in at night and feeds them all, and weather permitting out in the morning.If not she lets em out throughout the day for potty breaks.
    I have no children, my clingy yeller dog is a son I never had.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGatley View Post
    My penny worth.
    Ditto agree with this. I keep mine inside all the time. My old guy goes with everywhere except if the humidity and temp way up.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey