The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRC Sponsor

Here is vintage Wendell Carlson. I called Wendell once and asked him about making me a competition volume duck call. He asked what I did for a living. I told him, and he replied: "Lawyers don't make good competition duck callers." So I asked: "Why not?" He said: "You folks have a great work ethic, and surely are very full of hot air, but all your BS tend to clog the reed." I actually thought it was pretty funny. He was being serious. That guy is a riot.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    Here is vintage Wendell Carlson. I called Wendell once and asked him about making me a competition volume duck call. He asked what I did for a living. I told him, and he replied: "Lawyers don't make good competition duck callers." So I asked: "Why not?" He said: "You folks have a great work ethic, and surely are very full of hot air, but all your BS tend to clog the reed." I actually thought it was pretty funny. He was being serious. That guy is a riot.
    Duck hunters' minds are like concrete: All mixed up and permanently set.
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

And another Carlson gem: "You can always tell a duck hunter. You just can't tell him much." Sounds like dog training, too!
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Hi Muddy, please see your Private Message.

Thanks, Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"