RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Anyone used NC State University for TPLO repair?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jeff t. 
#1 · (Edited)
Need help in finding a place to do a cruiciate repair

Looking to see if any of the RTFers have used the NCSU vet hospital for TPLO repair? I believe its the next step for my lab and wanted some feed back. Any other place in the VA/NC area that you had a good experience with would be great. Looking for someone to do a good job and be reasonable with the price.

Thanks!

#3 ·
No I have not talked to them yet. Have used them for other ortho issues and had a good experience. I just figured they did them. Im willing to go other places. Just want to find the best place that isnt going to just try and take my money.

#5 · (Edited)
#6 ·
I agree with Breck

#7 ·
Im much closer to the one in Carolina. Ill see if my vet will give me a referral to them. My vet is trying medicine and laser therapy for the next 4 days but Im thinking ACL. 6yo came up lame on the right leg. Worse after resting. Today the limp is almost gone and the vet said she didnt think it was ACL right off the bat. Im keeping my fingers crossed but Im looking into where to go if it is ACL.

Anyone that used the carolina hospital are their prices reasonable?

#8 · (Edited)
You do not need a referral. Call and say you want a possible ccl tear evaluated and go soon. Hopefully it's not a ccl. Dr Spod will go over your whole dog like no one else.
They are good so prices are not rock bottom. Best not to worry about that until you get the bill.

#9 ·
Got an appointment with Dr. Lee Wednesday. I hope this is all precautionary. Thanks for the advice on doctors.

#11 ·
I'm confident that one way or the other, you will know what is going on with your dog and understand your options after consulting with Dr. Lee.
Here's hoping that the news is better than you fear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.