The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Detroit Free press replies to Rush Limbaugh's distortions.

  1. #1
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,152

    Default Detroit Free press replies to Rush Limbaugh's distortions.

    Rush Limbaugh likes to use Detroit to flog Democrats. But, Limbaugh, as usual, is pretty reckless with the truth.

    http://www.freep.com/article/2013090...-Devil-s-Night
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  2. #2
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Truth: Detroit is the most bankrupt major city in the country primarily because of it's union policies.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  3. #3
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Truth: Detroit is the most bankrupt major city in the country primarily because of it's union policies.
    I disagree, Detroit is a shithole because it has been run by black plantation masters for 40+ years. C Young divided the city with racial politics and cronyism. Please name one nation/city in the world which is dominated by blacks that has accomplished anything good?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  4. #4
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,898

    Default

    [QUOTE=zeus3925;1144049]Rush Limbaugh likes to use Detroit to flog Democrats. But, Limbaugh, as usual, is pretty reckless with the truth.

    http://www.freep.com/article/20130908/NEWS01/309080074/Rush-Limbaugh-truth-about-detroit-Orr-bankruptcy-Chafets-Devil-s-Night[/QUOTERush hasalways used exaggeration and expressions of the absurd to emphasize hispoints. People that listen to Rush,understand when he is doing this and enjoy the humor. Those that do not listen to him “Don’t getit” and frequently use these statements to try and discredit Rush. Which only shows us how uninformed theyreally are!

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Truth: Detroit is the most bankrupt major city in the country primarily because of it's union policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    I disagree, Detroit is a shithole because it has been run by black plantation masters for 40+ years. C Young divided the city with racial politics and cronyism. Please name one nation/city in the world which is dominated by blacks that has accomplished anything good?
    I think you are both right, the unions sucked the city dry coupled with liberal leadership at the local levels that did nothing but kill the city and all in it! It was not the color of their skin that killed the city, it was the fallacy of their belief in Liberalism! It is important to distinguish the difference.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    966

    Default

    I disagree, Detroit is a shithole because it has been run by black plantation masters for 40+ years. C Young divided the city with racial politics and cronyism. Please name one nation/city in the world which is dominated by blacks that has accomplished anything good?

    Don't hold back, tell me what you really think.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

  6. #6
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I disagree, Detroit is a shithole because it has been run by black plantation masters for 40+ years. C Young divided the city with racial politics and cronyism. Please name one nation/city in the world which is dominated by blacks that has accomplished anything good?

    Don't hold back, tell me what you really think.

    Care to start the list off?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    127

    Default

    The way to solve all this is simple, divide the country in half, those unions, the Democrats, the welfare people, the liberals on the east coast, the conservatives constitutionalists on the west. Each side will get nothing from the other side. No taxes, no help, nothing, in 5 years we will see who prospers and who is bankrupt! Simple.

    "This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"


    Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

  8. #8
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Truth: Detroit is the most bankrupt major city in the country primarily because of it's union policies.
    While Detroit is the headquarters for the UAW and the Teamsters, their involvement in the city's collapse was minor at best.

    Detroit collapsed for a number of reasons including:
    1. It was a two industry town, cars and movie productions, both of which were intertwined. Foreign competition hit the city hard at its most vulnerable moment.

    2.Its principal industry has undergone some dynamic changes since World War II, namely automation and engineering which has significantly reduced the number of workers needed per unit.

    3. Virulent racism.

    4. Mechanization of southern agriculture.

    5. Drugs and Crime.

    6.Ineffectual, obtuse, and corrupt government by Republicans and Democrats alike. The big collapse happened under Gov. George Romney, a Republican. He and his Republican successor, Gov. William Milliken, shoveled boat loads of cash into Detroit without accountability in an attempt to shore the city up. Coleman Young had an abrasive, difficult manner and he was not the mayor the city needed to rebound after the 1967 riots.

    7. Breakdown of infrastructure.

    8. Unscrupulous practices by realtors.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-09-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  9. #9
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    While Detroit is the headquarters for the UAW and the teamsters, their involvement in the city's collapse was minor at best.

    Detroit collapsed for a number of reasons including:
    1. It was a two industry town, cars and movie productions,both of which were intertwined.

    2.Its principal industry has undergone some dynamic changes since World War II, namely automation and engineering which has significantly reduced the number of workers needed per unit.

    3. Racism

    4. Mechanization of southern agriculture.

    5. Drugs and Crime.

    6.Ineffectual, obtuse, and corrupt government by Republicans and Democrats alike. The big collapse happened under Gov. George Romney and Mayor Mariani, both Republicans.
    If a cities major employer goes down the tubes, the cities woes will follow.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  10. #10
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    If a cities major employer goes down the tubes, the cities woes will follow.
    I smell a "Union" member! Both the Gov and Mayor were dealing with Democratic minorities in the governmental organizations that they ran! All of the things you mentioned contributed to the failures n Detroit. But with the size of the Auto Industries and the number of Union employees that lived in and near to Detroit, none of the members or union leaders offered any monitory help to the city that was in trouble....neither did the leaders at GM or any of the other automakers, even after the President filled their retirement funds with Federal Tax Payers money (from guys like me). They all sit on their hands and let the city fail! They all own it.....! Unions are one for all and all for one.....as long as you are in the Union....to heck with your neighbors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •