The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: DM testing a litter--help on details

Default DM testing a litter--help on details

How do you order DM tests for puppies without individually registering them first?

Last time I DM tested a litter of puppies I registered them all, which was expensive and meant the buyers had to submit name changes. I get the impression you can do it without registering. For anyone who has tested a litter without registering and naming all of the puppies, how did you do it? Specifically, what did you put on the online form to order the test?

I have a litter and expect clear and carriers.

Thanks,

Amy Dahl

I think you can do it using micro chip numbers but I'm not 100% positive.

Russell
    CH Chisholm Trail's Backdraft Bay MH**
    Chisholm Trail's Crossfire Sophie JH**
    "I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regrets"

I just tested an entire litter, not for DM though. I waited till they were 4 weeks and microchipped them. Separated them for 2 hrs and then did cheek swabs. Also keep bitch from nursing them for that period. I wanted no part of puppy mix up after sending off the tests, that's why I waited till microchipping. The microchip was what I used as ID and was not required to enter a registration number. It may depend on what Labratory you use.

just talked to lady at university of minn for eic can do litter with sterile cheek swab by the coller color just make sure they are labeled and kept separate and dog has been weaned for at lest 24 hrs

I microchipped all of the puppies and ordered tests today. I did not enter their future registration numbers for fear of mixing them up later on--just the sire and dam, birthdate, chip numbers, and nicknames (colors). I hope that down the road OFA will connect this with the pups' other info, but if not, at least we'll know who's clear and who's a carrier when the people come to get their puppies.

Thanks to everyone who answered!

Amy Dahl