The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Left overs, who wants them

Default Left overs, who wants them

These are off the Hall of fame list, .....

Mouse (12/73-10/84) was purchased by Charles and Yvonne Hays at 14 months from Jerry Mount of Mount Kennels in Orangeburg, South Carolina. He was being sold as a hunting dog, * FC-AFC-’89 CNAFC-CFC Aces High III (Willie) was purchased by Bob Beck as an Easter gift for his wife, Marge. Bob had seen Pete Warlick’s litter ad in Retriever Field Trial News called to get a pup, only to be told that they had all be spoken for. Pete called back a bit later to tell Bob that there had been a cancellation and to ask whether he was still interested – he was – and Willie arrived in time for Easter, 1986. * ’90,’91,’93 NFC-AFC Candlewoods Tanks A Lot (Lottie) was the last pup in Mary Howley’s litter * Candlewoods Super Tanker After several years away from the sport Joyce Williams moved to Wisconsin and in 1984 purchased a puppy from Mary Howley – the last pick of a litter sired by 1976 NFC-AFC San Joaquin Honcho out of Candlewood's Delta Dash * King Buck Whelped in the spring of 1948, King Buck had his basic work done by Ed Quinn, the owner of Buck's sire, FC Timothy of Arden. Buck and another littermate remained unsold at the conclusion of their basic trainin * Topbrass Cotton
    Cotton was a replacement puppy given to Jeff & Bev Finley after their older brother to Cotton died in the middle of his Derby career. * Tigathoe's Mainliner Mariah Mariah was purchased for $200 from Torch Flinn as a 4 month old * Super Chief NFC-NAFC Super Chief (Soupy) was given as a pup to August (Augie) and Louise Belmont by Wilbur Goode after a puppy purchased by the Belmonts, from Goode, failed to develop into the caliber of retriever both had anticipated. Soupy may stand as one of the most gracious gifts in field trial history. * ’77 NAFC-FC River Oaks Rascal (Rascal) was acquired by Joe Pilar at the age of four months from John Trzepacz * 1981 NFC-AFC Orion's Sky“I called Don Strait (owner of Sky’s mother, NFC-AFC Euroclydon) and he said all he had left –from the litter – was the meanest male pup and that I could have him.’ * Nakai Anny Tom Quinn went to Ornbaun kennels to purchase a puppy from an older litter. He debated over a small black female, 58 lbs. at maturity, and a large, 85 lbs at maturity, cola colored chocolate male. He chose the smaller female from the 5 1/2 month old litter that was without training. The little female had demonstrated amazing qualities. Those qualities were intensity, birdiness, obliviousness to water, and resolute eye contact. * Kannonball Kate Nobody wanted the tiny, stringy runt of the litter when breeders Eddie and Kay DeWitt * Field Champion Amateur Field Champion Creole Sister In February 1962, Don Weiss a Shreveport, Louisiana, attorney bought a seven week old locally bred puppy for $50.00 from local breeder, Justin H. Myrick, he had never heard of a field trial. *

Nice post. This shows how to pick a pup

I do!!! Pretty darn happy with mine.

I do!!! Pretty darn happy with mine.
    You know that your puppy's daddy was a "left over" that no one wanted because of the white on his chest.
    Jeannie Greenlee

Blazinlakes Legally Blonde CDX JH NAJ RA WC OD (1st Retriever)
    HRCH Smokingold Guns Up CCA WCX CD MH
    https://sites.google.com/site/smokingoldretrievers/home

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie Greenlee View Post
    You know that your puppy's daddy was a "left over" that no one wanted because of the white on his chest.

Yep. Bet someone regrets that. I'll give him a big hug this weekend, he is a grand old man these days. I like the white. Fingers crossed we are half as successfull as Daddy.