The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Million Muslims March In DC on 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah, who do they think they are, taking off work to stand up for the America they believe in.

Rednecks, Fox news...................who do they think they are?
    What a joke!

Now. CNN and the Muslims, that's legit!
    Exactly X2
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What a joke. A bunch of redneck bikers and Faux News viewers getting themselves all worked up over nothing.
    Nice. True colors... For the bikers it's red, white and blue.

If you think 9/11 is nothing, there is no helping you.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Nice. True colors... For the bikers it's red, white and blue.

If you think 9/11 is nothing, there is no helping you.

WTF? I didn't say that 9/11 was nothing.

What I'm saying is that a tiny fringe event attended by a few had a huge magnifying glass put on it by conservative outrage and thousands of bikers who decided to ride to DC to protest.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth anyway...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

What I'm saying is that a tiny fringe event attended by a few had a huge magnifying glass put on it ...
    Gosh, maybe THEY should thought of that afore THEY hijacked the airplains!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

[QUOTE=Golddogs;1145258]"What better way to surround Muslims than with several thousand hogs"

Awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Gosh, maybe THEY should thought of that afore THEY hijacked the airplains!

??????

Are we talking about the same thing? The original intent of those bikers was to go counter protest the million muslim march. An event that no one would have even noticed had there not been such a big deal made of it. I didn't know that THEY were the ones who hijacked the airplanes.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

. I didn't know that THEY were the ones who hijacked the airplanes.
    Wrong THEY
    when the devout sons Ishmael were sitting around planning the 9/11 attack,
    they should have realized the close scrutiny we would have for all of their Ilk for ever after.
    Would you like me to get you a box?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

btw do we have any numbers yet? did the muslims have a million??

WTF? I didn't say that 9/11 was nothing.

What I'm saying is that a tiny fringe event attended by a few had a huge magnifying glass put on it by conservative outrage and thousands of bikers who decided to ride to DC to protest.

But thanks for putting words in my mouth anyway...
    Maybe someone should after you remove your foot.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Ken, the estimates for the "March Against Fear" were between 25 to 200. Wonder if the popular reaction to the march had anything to do with the small turnout?

Seems that about a million bikers turned out. While traffic was snarled, the reaction to the people in the traffic was kind of remarkable. The reports I saw were that they accepted the delay and actually waved to the bikers. Some photos show the streets lined with people watching the caravan of bikers.

The photos on regular media seemed to focus on the small ceremony of the "marchers" ... the "added" groups to the "march against fear" were from groups who promoted the idea that the 9/11 attacks were a work of the govt, not terrorists.

Not much reported was that there was a counter-demonstration of Christians. Saw nothing further reported on that, so it also must have been quite small.

There were a couple of traffic accidents, but I think it's worth noting that the demonstration seemed very peaceful. Did not turn out to be a police problem ... remarkable when you're talking about a million-person demonstration. Maybe more news of police problems will come out in the next few days?

Actually, I'm not sure I saw much at all about the bikers' demonstration on Fox ... most of the coverage occurred through the social networks ... the same way that it got organized.

I did see at least one comment that speculated, that the govt should have some concern that it could be very easy to mobilize a "militia" if the govt exceeded its authority and truly enraged the citizenry. A lot easier and far-reaching than hanging a couple of lanterns in the North Church and a guy riding a horse through the night to spread the news. Of course, with the NSA monitoring social media and lots of other communications, govt could keep track of what was happening & work on stopping such a movement.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.