The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Breeder Disappeared

  1. #1
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Breeder Disappeared

    Years ago we purchased a Field bred Golden Retriever from a breeder named Kyle Ringenberg-Davis. Her husband Ryan J Davis and her lived up in Nebraska and had bred Guldens for some time. A couple of years after we purchased our pup, they seemed to just disappear. As did their dogs (based on K9 site research). Does anyone know them or know what happened to them?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I didn't disappear just moved. My SON Ryan Davis co owned some of my goldens with me. I lost my last golden in 2010 at the age of 14 1/2. I lost my two main boys Gunner and Troop in the same year. What was the breeding on your pup? Out of Gunner?

  3. #3
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,746

    Red face

    DSC00461.jpgDSC00496.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kldavis View Post
    I didn't disappear just moved. My SON Ryan Davis co owned some of my goldens with me. I lost my last golden in 2010 at the age of 14 1/2. I lost my two main boys Gunner and Troop in the same year. What was the breeding on your pup? Out of Gunner?
    Hi Kyle, sorry for posting this on an open forum, but we have been trying to find you for years to try and get another Golden from you. The girl we have now is 9 and she has been such of a fine dog in so many ways, that we really wanted to follow her line and get another one. We started looking about 5 years ago, but just kept running into dead ends. I just started using these forums last fall and did not think of looking for you on this until today. Anyway our girl is Goldrun's Magic Maddie, welped 6/16/2004. She was from Take 'Em Out and Cool as Ice, she has tons of style, drive, and she is the best duck dog I have ever seen. Her only limitation has been my training ability and time we had to work with her. We now have two other Golden's one new girl in field training now. Her mother is out of a Jackie Mertens girl, so we have hopes she will go far in stepping in for Maddie. Jay at Mooncreek Kennels who we used to train Maddie, is now retired from training, but they both are doing fine. I hope you are doing well, just know that we have had more pleasure with Maddie than you would know. Our trainers and hunt test folks have always asked us where we got her, as she is a real top dog! We still live in Kansas City, but I retired this year, so I have more time for hunting and hunt testing with our Goldens. Glad to hear you are all right....above are two pictures of Maddie....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 07-20-2013 at 04:00 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    DSC00461.jpgDSC00496.jpg
    Hi Kyle, sorry for posting this on an open forum, but we have been trying to find you for years to try and get another Golden from you. The girl we have now is 9 and she has been such of a fine dog in so many ways, that we really wanted to follow her line and get another one. We started looking about 5 years ago, but just kept running into dead ends. I just started using these forums last fall and did not think of looking for you on this until today. Anyway our girl is Goldrun's Magic Maddie, welped 6/16/2004. She was from Take 'Em Out and Cool as Ice, she has tons of style, drive, and she is the best duck dog I have ever seen. Her only limitation has been my training ability and time we had to work with her. We now have two other Golden's one new girl in field training now. Her mother is out of a Jackie Mertens girl, so we have hopes she will go far in stepping in for Maddie. Jay at Mooncreek Kennels who we used to train Maddie, is now retired from training, but they both are doing fine. I hope you are doing well, just know that we have had more pleasure with Maddie than you would know. Our trainers and hunt test folks have always asked us where we got her, as she is a real top dog! We still live in Kansas City, but I retired this year, so I have more time for hunting and hunt testing with our Goldens. Glad to hear you are all right....above are two pictures of Maddie....

    She is gorgeous! You can find me on Facebook Kyle Davis. My profile picture will be 3 black dogs. Lol. I'd love to see more pictures and hear more about her. Shooter x Ice pups were very stylish. Ice was an unbelievable girl. Passed away at 13
    Last edited by Kldavis; 07-20-2013 at 04:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    DSC00461.jpgDSC00496.jpg
    Hi Kyle, sorry for posting this on an open forum, but we have been trying to find you for years to try and get another Golden from you. The girl we have now is 9 and she has been such of a fine dog in so many ways, that we really wanted to follow her line and get another one. We started looking about 5 years ago, but just kept running into dead ends. I just started using these forums last fall and did not think of looking for you on this until today. Anyway our girl is Goldrun's Magic Maddie, welped 6/16/2004. She was from Take 'Em Out and Cool as Ice, she has tons of style, drive, and she is the best duck dog I have ever seen. Her only limitation has been my training ability and time we had to work with her. We now have two other Golden's one new girl in field training now. Her mother is out of a Jackie Mertens girl, so we have hopes she will go far in stepping in for Maddie. Jay at Mooncreek Kennels who we used to train Maddie, is now retired from training, but they both are doing fine. I hope you are doing well, just know that we have had more pleasure with Maddie than you would know. Our trainers and hunt test folks have always asked us where we got her, as she is a real top dog! We still live in Kansas City, but I retired this year, so I have more time for hunting and hunt testing with our Goldens. Glad to hear you are all right....above are two pictures of Maddie....

    k_l_davis@hotmail.com is my email. I still have goldrun_retrievers@yahoo.com but just don't use it that often.

  6. #6
    Senior Member HuntinDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kldavis View Post
    k_l_davis@xxxxxxx.xxx is my email. I still have goldrun_retrievers@xxxxx.xxx but just don't use it that often.
    Hi Kyle, just a friendly suggestion here. Posting your email addresses the way you did will likely cause you to receive a ton of spam and/or scam e-mail. There are programs that scan public sites like this one for just that sort of thing and then bombard you. You could edit them in your post to read like this for instance k_l_davisAThotmailDOTcom so everyone knows what you are talking about but the bots won't pick it up and cause you a bunch of grief.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

    "When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

    "It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

    "You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

  7. #7
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Follow up to Kyle

    Quote Originally Posted by Kldavis View Post
    k_l_davis@hotmail.com is my email. I still have goldrun_retrievers@yahoo.com but just don't use it that often.
    Hi again Kyle, I did try and send you an email with more information and pictures, please confirm receipt if you got it. I used you email above, without spaces.....

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I haven't got any emails from you. k_l_davis@hotmail.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •