The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Thanks from Deputy Boyles, K9 Benny & SAR Codie

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Default Thanks from Deputy Boyles, K9 Benny & SAR Codie

I had the honor tonight on behalf of Pam Ingham of presenting this gorgeous oil painting of K9 Officer Benny (now retired) to Deputy Boyles at the QAC FOP meeting. Deputy Boyles was so surprised when he was called up to receive the painting. He just kept remarking about how much the painting looked like Benny, including the small scar below his right eye! Benny is now retired, loving life and being trained to herd sheep! Anyone that knows anything about Malinois knows that they "need" a job and, so far, Benny is enjoying his new "job".

Thanks so much, Pam. Your thoughtfulness and generosity is very much appreciated!!!
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

I got a most sincere and touching note that I thought I would share: all the folks involved in this worthwhile effort should be proud and a special thanks to Vicky for taking the time to ramrod it. Robert sent me some photos of Beny that I couldn't get on here, but trust me, it showed Beny working and he doesn't much look like his portrait when he's working!

I went to my local Fraternity of Police meeting last night and found Ms Vicky Trainer there. She presented me with the amazing picture of Beny that you did for me. I was beside myself and spent the entire meeting sitting in my chair and inspecting every detail. I am so impressed with the likeness of Beny. I know Beny inside and out, I would recognize him in a group of Malinois with the same colors and I recognize him in your painting. That painting will be a lifetime treasure to me. I have Beny still and treasure every minute with him but I know I will always have that painting and am so incredibly glad of it. Thank you so very much for your work. I understand that someone else suggested having the painting done and paid a great deal of money toward helping me keep my partner but I don't know who that person is. If you could give that persons contact I would like to thank them as well. I will always remember and be thankful for what all of you have done for me and Beny.
    Robert Boyles and K9 Beny

HO'RAH for Benny!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts