The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Puppy Breeders selling online

This is all very worry some for sure, but since we are all selling "working dogs," it would seem that we are exempt - correct?
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

That's my take--and the exemption that allows us to sell an occasional "pet" that doesn't measure up as a working dog should cover most of us.

Meredith

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/2..._2011-2003.pdf

READ THIS for the verbage on hunting dogs
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

here's the AKC's latest legislative alert
    http://www.akc.org/press_center/arti...rticle_id=5117
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

However, this rule will only affect those dog breeders who sell dogs as pets, not for
    hunting, security, breeding, or other purposes;
    This is the quote from the article, glad to be in the hunting dog department
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

And I'll be glad to be down to 4 breedable girls before long, regardless.

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Ok, around page 30 on this link:http://www.aphis.usda.gov/newsroom/2..._2011-2003.pdf someone asks about requiring the direct viewing of the breeding animals and their living conditions. APHIS states that they are NOT changing the wording to include this (Thank God!) because it is beyond the scope of what they are trying to accomplish? WTH? I thought that the whole reason they are doing this is to insure the health and well being of the animals, right? I guess this only pertains to some animals and not others? They go on and on about the poor puppies being bought sight unseen with so many health issues, so they try to correct it by making people come and see the pup before its shipped. It doesn't require the seller to show anyone the dam or kennel area. It was even brought up that someone could meet at a dummy store or heck, even Walmart and that would fulfill the requirement.
    Don't get me wrong, I am all against this stupid farce against breeders, but how does this ensure that the pup that you are buying is healthy? Give a pup a bath with sweet smelling shampoo, clean the goop out of its eyes, feed it some tylan powder to cover up the diarrhea, and you have a pup that looks pretty normal. How many pet people even have an inkling of a clue as to what to look for? They are impulse buyers! See that cute little puppy? Oh I gotta have it now! Oh, it got a bit car sick, and that trip really tired him out because he just lays around, which is great because he isn't chewing on anything. Oh, and he must be housebroken because he hasn't pooped once!
    Unless the puppy mill or back yard breeder is a total idiot and tries to sell a half starved flea bitten hairless mutt (in which case, the buyer will most likely buy it to 'save it' ), I really don't see the whole point of this buyer, seller, pet, in the same place rule.
    I guess I am kind of hard hearted, but if you spend more time picking out a set of tires for the car or do more research as to the number of transfat calories in your lunch, then I think that you get what you deserve. What happened to survival of the fittest? Heck, what happened to darwinism?
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Yes, but you are now liable for sales tax since the buyer purchased the dog in state.
    IL is trying to crack down on breeders not charging sales tax for puppies. I got a nasty letter from them warning me that I'd better start charging and submitting sales tax for all puppies I sell.
    I don't sell puppies. I board dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    So let me get this straight. As long as you do not ship puppies (premises unseen), the number of breeding females doesn't matter other than what your local ordinances call for.
    And as long as a buyer comes in person to your "store" (lol), you are a retailer, and will be exempt from this license.
    Correct?

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

You don't charge sales tax on boarding?
    In my county in Wis. it is 5.5%.
    Same for selling anything.
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

I have a sales tax license and have to collect on pups picked up here. Iowa does not require sales tax on boarding because it is a "service," not a "product."

Meredith