The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where were you???

With my Sister having coffee watching the news. It was a surreal moment being glued to the TV for the rest of the day and slowly learning of the tragic events unfolding before my eyes. My parents were scheduled to fly out of Chicago that morning. Luckily, they got a call to us that they were grounded and did not board the plane.

This is a post on FB from a friend from High School who is a Captain on American Airlines;

My first officer tonight was telling me how disappointed he was that do to our flight to el paso and late return tomorrow he was going to miss his dinner with his family. He went on to say that his family always does something special on sep 11. I thought that's cool someone who is 28 years old can appreciate the horror of 911. He then casually mentioned that his dad was the first officer on AA flight 11 that was the first go hit the world trade center. As I thought about it I didn't know what to say it almost brought me to tears.

At work SUNY Stony Brook Hosp. Ran to office next to us as they had a TV Phoned my sister who was home. Co-worker got in touch with her son who was working uptown in NYC and had a view of it all.
    Seems just like the other day
    Are things really better in this world I wonder?

At work with an INFOSEC team. Found out later a team from Boston we worked with went down on that flight.

Never Forget!!
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    This is a post on FB from a friend from High School who is a Captain on American Airlines;

My first officer tonight was telling me how disappointed he was that do to our flight to el paso and late return tomorrow he was going to miss his dinner with his family. He went on to say that his family always does something special on sep 11. I thought that's cool someone who is 28 years old can appreciate the horror of 911. He then casually mentioned that his dad was the first officer on AA flight 11 that was the first go hit the world trade center. As I thought about it I didn't know what to say it almost brought me to tears.
    WOW! Thanks for sharing...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

I was at work watching the news for the weather (hurricane season) when the breaking news came on when the first plan hit, sat stunned when the second one hit. It really changed all of our lives. Security was so tight everywhere after that, too bad it was not that tight before.
    New Orleans had the superbowl the Jan right after and airways within 200 miles of the dome was restricted. the morning before the superbowl, my husband lost our dog in the marsh, and could not find him. The morning of the superbowl, he was able to get on a rescue plan and thank god the pilot was military and high ranked so he got permission to fly within a few miles of the dome to search for the dog. Thankfully they found him.
    God bless out troups that had to go take care of us after 9/11

Was at work in Allentown PA, our building tied to an 18 story building, when the first plan hit had a sick feeling it was no accident, after the events unraveled, I said to a buddy its time to go hunting, meaning it was time to hunt these evil doers down and destroy. We were told to go home and was glued to TV remainder of the day.
    Boom--Boom

"If you take care of the little things, the big things will take care of themselves" Joe Pa

I was working at Keystone Helicopter where we had contracts to maintain and modify helicopters for PAPD NY&NJ (Port Authority Police Department New York & New Jersey. We had a lot to do keeping those guys in the air as well as the New Jersey State Police fleet.
    We also serviced the United States Capitol Park Police who serviced the Pentagon site as well as Maryland State Police.
    We were real busy as at the time no aircraft were flying anywhere except military and police.
    When no one was flying we had many helicopters flying in and out of our facility near Philly daily.
    It was really crazy.
    Normally we didn't work on military aircraft but had several Marine VH-1 birds in for unmentionable stuff. VH-1 is the Presidents squadron basically.
    We were busy.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

In the basement of the DNR office I interned at, counting emerald shiners and gizzard shad that had spent a week preserved in a formaldehyde solution. I remember being half loopy from the solution, we were in the basement because it was raining out, and somebody came down and mentioned something about the World Trade Center and plane. I didn't really pay any attention, but my co worker turned on the little one speaker early 80's style radio sitting on the bookshelf and started getting the confused reports on what was going on. At that point, not another minnow was counted and we sat there occasionally looking at each other shaking our heads in disbelief. I went up stairs and everybody was doing the same and I asked about a dozen different people if this was real. It's amazing how you can remember things so clearly (what you were doing, what the weather was, what the room looked like you were in) when events like this happen. A true sign of a significant, life altering moment.

I was on my way out to the field with a setter, my boss drove in and told me that the two planes had hit. I went to my peaceful place of training dogs in a field and then watched TV the rest of the day. Everytime I walk into Sheetz gas station and the deep fryers beepers are going off, I flash back to the EPIRB beepers at Ground Zero . I will never forget....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com