The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 188

Thread: The income distribution - is this reverse socialism?

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    The 47% is now 43% and moving down http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/...ding-the-poor/.

    As I stated before, in my household, 50% of the workers do not pay taxes. Two sons in college do not earn enough and get all their federal taxes back. Damn freeloaders. How much should they pay?

    Since you seem to envy those that do not pay federal income taxes, maybe you should get a low paying job, refinance a new 30 year mortgage, and live the high life

    This may be of interest to some. http://taxvox.taxpolicycenter.org/20...al-income-tax/
    Anyone who doesns't make enough money to pay income tax should never have a mortgage MUCH LESS a 30 year mortgage. Yes that is the high life and are those that expect for someone else to pull the wagon while they ride in it.

    Anyone who can't make enough money in 3 months of the summer to pay income tax should NOT be in college. If they have to work 6 months and go to college 6 months, so be it. As I said everybody can't ride in the wagon, somebody has to pull it.

  2. #92
    Senior Member HuntClub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington County, Mn
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Ah yes, when was it that the American dream became the "Great American Basic Human Right".

  3. #93
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Ah yes, when was it that the American dream became the "Great American Basic Human Right".

    What does this have to do with the topic of the original post? What is your definition of the American Dream?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  4. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What does this have to do with the topic of the original post? What is your definition of the American Dream?
    American Dream? I wanted to live where I chose. I wanted to work for who I chose. I wanted to raise my child as I chose. I wanted to worship as I chose. It never occurred to me to blame my neighbor for my failures, whether the had wealth of 100 cents or 100 million. To be sure these freedoms come at a high price. You cannot blame someone else for your failures and you will bear the consequences of your own failures. The current government is doing everything it can to eliminate these freedoms and the American Dream I was able to live.

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    American Dream? I wanted to live where I chose. I wanted to work for who I chose. I wanted to raise my child as I chose. I wanted to worship as I chose. It never occurred to me to blame my neighbor for my failures, whether the had wealth of 100 cents or 100 million. To be sure these freedoms come at a high price. You cannot blame someone else for your failures and you will bear the consequences of your own failures. The current government is doing everything it can to eliminate these freedoms and the American Dream I was able to live.
    Sad but true. The loss of individualism and the ever growing nanny state mentality is a trip down the wrong path IMHO

  6. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Anyone who doesns't make enough money to pay income tax should never have a mortgage MUCH LESS a 30 year mortgage. Yes that is the high life and are those that expect for someone else to pull the wagon while they ride in it.
    You seem to have missed the point. If you want lower taxes, take a job that makes a lot less money and get more deductions....live the high life with a higher effective tax rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Anyone who can't make enough money in 3 months of the summer to pay income tax should NOT be in college. If they have to work 6 months and go to college 6 months, so be it. As I said everybody can't ride in the wagon, somebody has to pull it.
    Do the math. 40 hours a week, $10 an hour = you pay no taxes and probably never would have for the past 30 years. I guess the fact that most college student now carry an average of $30,000 in student loans is because they are all much lazier than previous generations. No one riding in the wagon here. By the way, how are your farm subsidies this year?

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    American Dream? I wanted to live where I chose. I wanted to work for who I chose. I wanted to raise my child as I chose. I wanted to worship as I chose. It never occurred to me to blame my neighbor for my failures, whether the had wealth of 100 cents or 100 million. To be sure these freedoms come at a high price. You cannot blame someone else for your failures and you will bear the consequences of your own failures. The current government is doing everything it can to eliminate these freedoms and the American Dream I was able to live.
    What a load of defeatist B.S. What the heck is stopping you from living, working, worshiping, or raising you children how you choose today any more than anytime in the past? Please be specific.

  8. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. If you want lower taxes, take a job that makes a lot less money and get more deductions....live the high life with a higher effective tax rate.


    Do the math. 40 hours a week, $10 an hour = you pay no taxes and probably never would have for the past 30 years. I guess the fact that most college student now carry an average of $30,000 in student loans is because they are all much lazier than previous generations. No one riding in the wagon here. By the way, how are your farm subsidies this year?
    I think YOU need to do the math. In 1976 I was a self employed dentist working for the state. $18,000/year. YOU do the math, less than your $10/hr. I had no vacation or benefits and had to pay all the SS tax, about 12% I think but not sure. I have already posted what it was like working for the state. THEN I paid income tax. Granted, I had no debt, credit card, car payment, or student loans.

    Now for student loans. 3/4th of those that GRADUATE with more than $14,000 in student loans are either late or have defaulted on their student loans. And that does not take into consideration those that DON'T graduate. Now the most rediculous thing you said. do I think kids of today are lazy? Hell no.I actually love to hire young people. they don't scoff at 10/hr,AND MOST WANT TO LEARN! They are just wet behind the ears and need guidance. Not the guidance of IDIOT parents who would even ALLOW them to sign up for student loans but also the college advisers and government bureaucrats who encourage them. Little do those kids know what the consequences of doing so are. they can never take bankrupcy on the student loans, and they have no idea of the RISK in going to college. Take a look at Buzz's post. Don't you believe he is willing to do what it takes to see that his child WILL NEVER HAVE A STUDENT LOAN?

    If I were a parent and had no funds to help pay for a child's college, I would tell them to buy a $2,000(can pay for it in 2 months) car, wait tables or deliver pizza(those make $11/hr plus tips) and NO CREDIT CARDS. Work a year and THEN go to college a year. Yes that takes 8 years instead of 4 to get a college education, but is a hell of a lot better than student loans.

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    What a load of defeatist B.S. What the heck is stopping you from living, working, worshiping, or raising you children how you choose today any more than anytime in the past? Please be specific.
    I was talking about the Single Employer System(some like to call it Single Payer), the end result of the ACA. If you still believe that it is BS that the government can not tell you where to live and how to treat if it is the only employer allowed, then let me know and I will explain it to you.

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Detroit Lakes, MN
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I was talking about the Single Employer System(some like to call it Single Payer), the end result of the ACA. If you still believe that it is BS that the government can not tell you where to live and how to treat if it is the only employer allowed, then let me know and I will explain it to you.
    you have it exactly wrong. If we had gone to universal coverage via single payer that would provide people more freedom to change jobs, move, etc. The current system of employer provided insurance puts far too much power in the hands of employers which restricts the entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to change jobs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •